Books for 1st year of residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caerus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I found out that I matched and thought I'd get a start on preparing myself for first year. Do you guys have any suggestions on the books I should read either prior to starting or during my internship?

I did some research on the internet and it looks like the Washington Manual Intern Survival Guide and the Internal Medicine on Call are some of the suggested books.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

houseofgod.jpg

Thanks. I just requested "the house of god" from my library.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the medical books to read before or during internship (other than step 3 materials).

Thanks.

what type of internship are you doing? because that'll make all the difference in the world...

Hi,

I found out that I matched and thought I'd get a start on preparing myself for first year. Do you guys have any suggestions on the books I should read either prior to starting or during my internship?

I did some research on the internet and it looks like the Washington Manual Intern Survival Guide and the Internal Medicine on Call are some of the suggested books.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Wasn't that the purpose of the last 4 years ? to you know, prep you for internship...

Just relax, take a vacation.