Books for Inpt Medicine (&Ambulatory/Family)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone at my school recommends StepUp to Medicine & MKSAP for the medicine rotation/track (includes Amb & Family) & shelf, but I looked here and on the medicine sticky, StepUp to Medicine isn't even mentioned...
I've also tried to search, but haven't found anything. Is there a thread I'm missing?
Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I'm also seeing stuff about Cecil/Harrison - I looked up Harrison's and it's basically 3000 pages - do people actually use this during their rotation? Seems unfathomable to get through! Even Cecils 1200 pgs seems long. I know ideally we'd all be reading textbooks, but realistically...?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So the MKSAP 3 and 4 questions don't really approximate the difficulty of the shelf questions. I heard MKSAP 2 was closer, as was UW.

I really only read case files and I really got a lot out of it. It really depends on what format you learn best in.

Thx for the reply. So you solely used CaseFiles? Interesting. I know I've gotta pick something and settle down - just move through it, start doing questions or something, just having trouble getting going on medicine