Books for internal medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ravendown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm starting my Internal medicine rotation in 2 weeks and don't really have a clue as to what I should buy to help me along. I humbly request advice 0_0...

Members don't see this ad.

what about getting "pocket medicine"? I hear it's quite helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Step Up is great for your shelf. I'm a Casefiles fan, and IM Casefiles is pretty good for the shelf.

Pocket Medicine is a must have on the wards (3rd or 4th edition, there is not much difference)

I'd also recommend talking to your schools library and see if they can provide you a code to download a free app that might be of use. Some schools do this (uptodate, dynamed, etc...). It's nice to have useful apps on your phone you can quickly pull out and look something up with.

So i'm starting my Internal medicine rotation in 2 weeks and don't really have a clue as to what I should buy to help me along. I humbly request advice 0_0...

www.onlinemeded.org its free

Step Up to Medicine or MKSAP 5 (choose either, not both) for reading

Pocket Medicine for wards

Thanks folks. I found Step-up and case files online and gonna buy pocket medicine. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

If your school can provide you a serial number for DynaMed, and your able to get it on your phone for free there is NO reason to pay for and carry around the Pocket Medicine book.

It covers the same problems, weighs much less, and is easier to navigate. I didnt touch my little green book on my IM rotation.