Books for Neuroradiology

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by DrPunk, Jul 24, 2006.

1. DrPunk

DrPunk DrPunk
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello everyone,

Ill be doing a rotation in NeuroRadiology, This August, Any recommendations on a good book. I'd prefer to get a book that is less specific to Neuro, but has a sufficient Neuro section for the rotation, for $$$ reasons. I do have Secrets, High Yeild Neuroanatomy, a basic Grants atlas, I'm considering Recall, and was considering Squire's, but would its Neuro section be sufficient? Thanks.

:confused:

2. rad_one

rad_one Member
    7+ Year Member

Just borrow a Brant and Helms from the department library. Most departments will have entry level books for rotating medical students. You can always refer to a neuro requisites or Osborne for further details on a subject. Don't spend your own money at this point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. conure

conure Master Distiller
    7+ Year Member

Squire's neuro section is'nt all that good. I would work on the anatomy with your atlas and high yield. If you want more pathology/neuroradiology check out osborn's red book, also her diagnostic imaging: Brain book is amazing. Look for these in your library.

4. DrPunk

DrPunk DrPunk
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks guys for the advice...Ive been on NeuroRadiology for a couple of weeks now...

Ive used NeuroAnatomy High Yeild, the first week, cause as a student i was getting pimped on the anatomy. This Book is Essential.

I checked out NeuroRadiology:the Requisites... and look up in depth explanations on on the most interesting diseases... But Thats Waaay too much info for a Rotating medical student and can get pretty technical in its Radiophysics at times...

I also like Radiology Secrets: there were a lot of Resident pimp questions in there.

hope that helps the next Neurorad Rotator.