1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Books for Neuroradiology

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by DrPunk, Jul 24, 2006.

1. DrPunk

DrPunk DrPunk
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello everyone,

Ill be doing a rotation in NeuroRadiology, This August, Any recommendations on a good book. I'd prefer to get a book that is less specific to Neuro, but has a sufficient Neuro section for the rotation, for $$$ reasons. I do have Secrets, High Yeild Neuroanatomy, a basic Grants atlas, I'm considering Recall, and was considering Squire's, but would its Neuro section be sufficient? Thanks.

:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rad_one

rad_one Member
    7+ Year Member

Just borrow a Brant and Helms from the department library. Most departments will have entry level books for rotating medical students. You can always refer to a neuro requisites or Osborne for further details on a subject. Don't spend your own money at this point.

4. conure

conure Master Distiller
    7+ Year Member

Squire's neuro section is'nt all that good. I would work on the anatomy with your atlas and high yield. If you want more pathology/neuroradiology check out osborn's red book, also her diagnostic imaging: Brain book is amazing. Look for these in your library.

5. DrPunk

DrPunk DrPunk
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks guys for the advice...Ive been on NeuroRadiology for a couple of weeks now...

Ive used NeuroAnatomy High Yeild, the first week, cause as a student i was getting pimped on the anatomy. This Book is Essential.

I checked out NeuroRadiology:the Requisites... and look up in depth explanations on on the most interesting diseases... But Thats Waaay too much info for a Rotating medical student and can get pretty technical in its Radiophysics at times...

I also like Radiology Secrets: there were a lot of Resident pimp questions in there.

hope that helps the next Neurorad Rotator.