Books for Neuroscience Pre-clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexPre-Med

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Over first year I became a big fan of BRS and other review books. However, our next small block is neuroscience. BRS has a neuroanatomy but there is obviously more to neuro than anatomy. What is everyone's favorite review type book for neuroscience? Anyone have a favorite to review for Step I also? Thanks a bunch for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Over first year I became a big fan of BRS and other review books. However, our next small block is neuroscience. BRS has a neuroanatomy but there is obviously more to neuro than anatomy. What is everyone's favorite review type book for neuroscience? Anyone have a favorite to review for Step I also? Thanks a bunch for your help.

We use the Castro book "Neuroscience, an outline approach" seems to work for me so far.

ISBN 0323008364

Road Map Neuroscience:love:

High Yield Neuroscience is a very concise book that is great for the important stuff. All the essentials are covered and I really enjoyed it. BRS is extremely extremely detailed for neuro. If you're interested in a more academic / interesting read, try Blumenfeld's Neuroanatomy through Clinical Cases... definitely an excellent book in and of itself, but not a review style like High Yield.