Books For Pharm & Genetics For USMLE Step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are First Aid & the Kaplan series of books enough for both Pharm & Genetics for USMLE Step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

InfiniteUni said:
Are First Aid & the Kaplan series of books enough for both Pharm & Genetics for USMLE Step 1?
Someone, anyone? Please? I promise, no more questions after this. Bueller...? Bueller...?

Some people say the pharm section in FA is enough if you've got it down cold. But then again I also hear some people saying it's not enough and you need another source for pharm in addition to what's in FA, but that the pharm in the Kaplan Notes is too much. Ahhh!!!

I would say that if you had a good pharm course at your school and did fairly well in it, FA alone would be good enough. But if you were like me and had pharm taught as an after thought (guinea pig class for new curriculum) then you would need more then FA pharm. Lippincott and the katzung & trevor review books were way to much for me to read, so I used the kaplan pharm with the web prep lectures by trevor. I remember having a baclofen, hydroxyamphetamine, and a MDMA question that wasn't covered in FA, on my exam.