books for reference for NB part1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ratson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had a question that I wanted to ask all the SDN members:
could you please give the names of reference books(one per subject) that you consider to be most ideal for that subject. Please let me know...............

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dental Anatomy, its relevance to dentistry
by Woelfel and Scheid

Too detailed, but covers all the possible morphology questions. The best thing is to answer the released exams. That covers the subject thoroughly.

Ratson, there you go, a FAQ designed just with you in mind!!! Enjoy!! Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks avineri,
i appreciate your reply. What books did you refer fro the other subjects.

hi ratson
do check previous threads on part 1 prep and a thread by yah-e on the "dental"forum too. theres lots of info out there.

all the best

Thanks toothmail,
i will definitely check that.

Hello Ratson,
I think you should read Snell's for anatomy,and Guyton for physiology and Baby Robbins for Pathology.Thats what I had read.
I took part I this july and got 94.Applying to various schools.
Best of luck.:)

hey pinktooth,
thanks for the reply.Congrats on your excellent score!!!!!!!!!! Which books did you refer for Biochem? Are you enrolled in any school or still awaiting results?

Best of luck in this new year!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ratson,
I have applied to 4 schools and have heard from Upenn and Case western Reserve Univ for interview.
I had referred Harper and Lippincott for Bio chem,but I think they have more details that we require ...so study wisely...
Best of luck!!