Books for rotations and shelfs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I know there is a sticky on books... for rotations and shelfs.. but I noticed they are from 2003/4.. and many of the latest posts are from 6 yrs ago. Dont even know if Uworld was out back then or something... but I'm starting rotations soon and so this information would be good to know.

Can someone give a quick post on what books to use for each rotation and the shelf? [Again I noticed ppl say blueprint a lot for like OBGYN and peds.. but then again that was like 10 yrs ago, not sure if there is a newer thread somewhere but I couldn't find one..] Thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I know there is a sticky on books... for rotations and shelfs.. but I noticed they are from 2003/4.. and many of the latest posts are from 6 yrs ago. Dont even know if Uworld was out back then or something... but I'm starting rotations soon and so this information would be good to know.

Can someone give a quick post on what books to use for each rotation and the shelf? [Again I noticed ppl say blueprint a lot for like OBGYN and peds.. but then again that was like 10 yrs ago, not sure if there is a newer thread somewhere but I couldn't find one..] Thanks!!!!!

The info in the sticky is still accurate. Sources wil vary by learning style. In general:

Surgery- pestana audio, NMS and/or UWorld
IM- UWorld and MKSAP
Peds, OBGYN, Pysch, Neuro- blueprints and either case files or pretest
Family med- similar to IM. I didn't study for this one and still got an 84.