• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Books for Step 1 Preparation

OberynMartell

5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2012
  1. Medical Student
    This is my first post (I've been a lurker for awhile now) and I realize there are other threads about this topic, but most are several years old, so I apologize in advance.

I was wondering if I could get any input on which books are best for board preparation. I'll be an M2 this fall and would like to start thinking about this now, but there are so many books available for each subject that it quickly becomes overwhelming.

The subject I am most concerned about is Pathology as it seems there are several good sources (Robbins, Goljan, BRS, etc.) and I haven't taken this core yet. But I am also wondering if it's even necessary to study things like Biochem separately or just integrate it since it's not as high yield.

Also, it seems easy to get bogged down by buying a bunch of books with no time to read them, and I realize you could study this kind of thing for years. So what are the essentials? So far I've gathered that First Aid is a must, but any other input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.