ljl1982
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Chicago
www.studentdoctor.net
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I tried doing a search on SDN but was unable to find any information. Basically I would like to know what books and resources others have found useful for their Emergency Medicine rotations. I am not planning to go into EM, but my rotation has an exam at the end.

Thanks

Dr. Will

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2002
Houston, TX
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
ljl1982 said:
I tried doing a search on SDN but was unable to find any information. Basically I would like to know what books and resources others have found useful for their Emergency Medicine rotations. I am not planning to go into EM, but my rotation has an exam at the end.

Thanks
Search the EM forums. There is plenty of info there. I'm using Case Files right now. It's a great resource. Others have used First Aid. I know there is a new edition of the Blueprints for EM, but I don't know how good it actually is.

BadVB750

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2002
America
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I'm using EM recall. I'm a big fan of the recall books because they get to the point quickly.

drlexygoat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2003
under the boardwalk, down by the sea
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I LOVE Emergency Medicine Secrets. Each 3-5 page chapter is based on a specific illness/CC/sx and full of Q and A format. Lots of good pimping info in a concise format. It's too big to read from front to back, but I love it for reading up on patients I've seen the shift prior.

About the Ads