1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Books/resources for Emergency Medicine rotation?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by ljl1982, Jul 22, 2006.

1. ljl1982

ljl1982 ljl1982
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I tried doing a search on SDN but was unable to find any information. Basically I would like to know what books and resources others have found useful for their Emergency Medicine rotations. I am not planning to go into EM, but my rotation has an exam at the end.

Thanks

2. Dr. Will

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Search the EM forums. There is plenty of info there. I'm using Case Files right now. It's a great resource. Others have used First Aid. I know there is a new edition of the Blueprints for EM, but I don't know how good it actually is.

3. BadVB750

BadVB750 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm using EM recall. I'm a big fan of the recall books because they get to the point quickly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. drlexygoat

drlexygoat Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I LOVE Emergency Medicine Secrets. Each 3-5 page chapter is based on a specific illness/CC/sx and full of Q and A format. Lots of good pimping info in a concise format. It's too big to read from front to back, but I love it for reading up on patients I've seen the shift prior.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...