Books to read for a first year ENT resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ian

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm an incoming first year resident (not in the US). Cummings is our textbook but it is kind of dense so I was wondering if you could recommend another book that a first year resident can use? Maybe something practical that focuses on common disorders seen in a general ENT clinic? I already have ENT secrets. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most people use either Pasha (outline format, no pictures) or KJ Lee (text based format with some pics/diagrams). I think both are good, personally I used Pasha.

Would second the recommendation of Pasha. I also used Lange (Current Diagnosis and Treatment Otolaryngology). Both fairly straightforward texts that are nice introductions to the specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I'll look into Pasha and Lange. Any recommendations for a surgical atlas/techniques?

Thanks. I'll look into Pasha and Lange. Any recommendations for a surgical atlas/techniques?

Myers Operative Otolaryngology, Cohen Atlas of Head and Neck Surgery are what I use most frequently. Lore and Medina, if you can find it. One of our clinics has a random copy on a shelf and it is ridiculous.

Thanks, I'll look into those.