1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Books?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EcoRI, Oct 3, 2002.

1. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Does anyone know of any general books used in just about all dental schools or any useful reference books.
    I get free tuition and books right now through my job and it would be easy to slip in an extra book or two.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gryffindor

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Definitely buy yourself a Netter's atlas. I don't think anything really compares to it. Maybe get yourself a Histology atlas as well - Wheater's is pretty good. If you want the bible of Pathology books, go with Robbin's. If you still have money to burn, maybe look at Ronan and Yukochi's Anatomy Atlas - this atlas is made up of photographs of cadavers (as opposed to Netters which is all drawings). As far as dental books, that's hard to say b/c there are actually lots of dental books out there for each course and it depends on your dental school as well. For some courses, I've never had to read from the text book b/c the notes were so exhausting whereas others you have to rely on the text.

4. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    griffin04

Thanks for the suggestions!