boost your verbal!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's get your opinions: what is the best study guide for MCAT Verbal?

Thanks.

W to the Izilly

Members don't see this ad.

i got a 13-15 using only princeton review materials (took the course). but i've also been an avid reader since the age of 4, which i think is really the key - read, read, read!

be ONE with the passages :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 12 without any special prep books. I'm a firm believer in making your own verbal strategy rather than trying to "relearn" how to read using some other person's method. All I can say is that I have been reading since age 4 or 5, and have been a regular reader of NYTimes and WSJ since I began college.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by leila:
•i got a 13-15 using only princeton review materials (took the course). but i've also been an avid reader since the age of 4, which i think is really the key - read, read, read!•••••Ditto, except I used the Kaplan materials. Reading will help you more than anything else. Practice doing verbal passages and find out what strategy works best for you.

also do lots of full-length verbal tests so you can get the timing right. my problem the first couple of times i took practice tests was that i couldn't finish the last passage on time. you should be able to get through all of it without really having much time to spare (if you do, that usually means you went too fast and probably didn't read carefully). on the actual test i didn't have time to read the last question, so i just bubbled something in, but i felt that my timing was almost perfect.