[deleted]

RapidEyeMovementLearning

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes read other threads here asking about AP credits/classes. You'll see I've written fairly extensively about my thoughts on the subject.

I have loads of AP credit from passing AP exams and I am interested in an answer to the OP's question.

Ischemic - I searched the forum for "AP" and put in your name as the poster but I couldn't arrive at a post about what to do with AP credits as a premed. If you could post a link if you can find the post, I would really appreciate it.

I know that the sciences should always be retaken, no matter the AP score, but what about the general education stuff and math?

Thank you,
Travis

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest taking the intro courses over. The cushion will help, and taking classes you've basically already had will help you adjust to college.

I have loads of AP credit from passing AP exams and I am interested in an answer to the OP's question.

Ischemic - I searched the forum for "AP" and put in your name as the poster but I couldn't arrive at a post about what to do with AP credits as a premed. If you could post a link if you can find the post, I would really appreciate it.

I know that the sciences should always be retaken, no matter the AP score, but what about the general education stuff and math?

Thank you,
Travis

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=700905

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=712997

Just know that these are my opinions on the subject based on how I would do things if I knew the stuff I knew now so it might not necessarily jive with what your parents, friends or premed advisors think. I suggest you consider all the information and do what you think is best. Good luck man.

Hi

My school requires me to take the AP test at the end of each year. I earned a 5 last year on AP Physics and I am taking AP Chem this year. I am taking AP Calc AB and AP Bio next year. My plan was to not use AP Credit so that I could get a better GPA. So when I apply to college should I just not submit my AP test scores or should I submit them and then not ask for credit? because I expect 4's and 5's

I earned a 5 last year on AP Physics and I am taking AP Chem this year. I am taking AP Calc AB and AP Bio next year. My plan was to not use AP Credit so that I could get a better GPA.

Although you may have already made your decision, just know that some of these classes will be much harder than they were in hs...physics and calc are not definite A's, although I would say bio and chem should be pretty easy

You should submit your AP scores, and then you have the option to retake those classes for grades when you get into college, also if you decide you would rather not take one of the classes you already have credit for later, you can still do that since the school knows how you did on the exams

Hi,

Ok, thanks. I thought that most schools give you credit automatically when you submit the AP score but maybe I'm wrong.

Hi,

Ok, thanks. I thought that most schools give you credit automatically when you submit the AP score but maybe I'm wrong.

at least at mine we could have retaken them if we wanted, maybe you should call the school about that though

I plan on retaking Calculus AB again in the Fall in order to adjust and not jump into Calculus BC. Do you recommend I retake it to have an easier time opposed to a harder time with new material in Calculus BC as a Freshman? I received a 5 in the AP exam and I believe I will have to complete the entire series (Math 16A, Math 16B, and math 17C) for one year, three quarters.

I used all the AP credits I could just so I would be freed up to take classes that were more interesting to me. However, even though I took AP Calc I didn't have those credits available since I didn't do well on the test.

Calc in college was probably among the easiest A's I ever received in undergrad.