Bootcamp RC tests- How to review RC on your Full Lengths?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothteethtooth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am currently studying for my DAT and took my first B.C. practice test #!. I did ok in the NS section (BIO, 19, GC 18, OC 20) where as I did horrible in my last three sections (PAT, 16, RC 16 QR 14 :( )
I learned a lot about my mistakes going through the Full length especially QR and PAT (Time is my enemy). Going through the whole test individually which took me about three days.

However, I am stuck at the RC section. I don't know how to effectively go through the RC section of the if the Full Length exam as there is no NEW information that I am trying to learn and re-doing the question does not necessarily help me with my next performance.

Any particular strategy or advice when going through the RC section of the F.L.? Did you simply skip it? or skim over the wrong answers?

How do I review this section?
Any advice would be appreciated (for any of the sections :) !

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I would look at the correct answer and consider why I chose what I did. Compare to the correct answer. I think the trick to doing well on the RC section is time and understanding. BC RC has a lot of tone questions which I think will help in preparation for the harder RC passages of the real thing. Keep at it. Look up some common methods and try them out. Find a few strategies that work best for you. Some examples include Search and Destroy, Mapping, and my favorite Actually Reading the Passage and Answering Q's as I go. :) Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
No, you learn from reviewing RC. You get to see the questions again and understand why your answer was right or wrong, and Also you get used to their way of asking the questions, so next time you'd be smarter in the way you tackle the RC.

Last edited:
Thank you guys. I have so far taken two RC test (one in B.C Full length #1) and second one as RC section test #6. What do you guys think about sciences section, I know G-chem is low (but I am going through my DAT destroyer this week to help with that). Also, I am planning to go through Math Destroyer to help with my QR section.

Any other tips or advice??