bord scores question once again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NavyUMO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell what the lowest COMLEX scores you have seen that get into ACGME anesthesia program? How much weight is placed on Step I compared to Step II (590s)? I know there is much more to an application that board scores, I am just asking about numbers. I apologize for asking a question that has been asked a million times before.

Also, Will my step III score matter if it is significantly worse than step II?(average score like step 1)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:xf:I wish this question could be answer as well because I am in a similar boat as you, both board scores and COMLEX. I think that it is an impossible question because every year will be different and every one has different things to offer a program besides just board scores. All we can do is contact programs to show interest, apply and cross our fingers. I am just stating what I think makes the most sense, but I assume that a good step 2 shows improvement and that has to be better than the reverse which could be construed as a downward trend. It could even be regarded as a lesser ability to grasp of the clinical side of medicine compared to step one which is much more memorization of scientific facts. Hopefully you have a great CV and good LOR (though likely so does everyone) and you get a spot. Me personally I am applying broadly; willing to go anywhere. Good luck.