Borderline burning out with two weeks to go...help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdm2fly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

There are only two weeks to go before the Jan 29 MCAT, and I am on the borderline of burning out. How many hours a day is everyone spending studying up to the big day? I feel like I'm studying too much, but at the same time not enough...I mean, can you ever study ENOUGH for the MCAT?

Any comforting stories/motivational speeches are welcome! This forum definitely has helped me keep motivated thus far.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

There are only two weeks to go before the Jan 29 MCAT, and I am on the borderline of burning out. How many hours a day is everyone spending studying up to the big day? I feel like I'm studying too much, but at the same time not enough...I mean, can you ever study ENOUGH for the MCAT?

Any comforting stories/motivational speeches are welcome! This forum definitely has helped me keep motivated thus far.

take few days off, do something fun and then go back refreshed to the MCAT.
It makes a huge difference:)

hey mdm2fly i'm feeling the same way. maybe looking at all the people on the 30+ thread who only studied for 1-2months might help...at some point the test is not about covering all the material, but just being calm and not stressed out. (maybe we can try remind each other of this for the next 2 weeks)

I agree with everyone here. Take some time off, and just do whatever it is you do to relax, meditate, play sports, spend time with significant other, go to the stripper, video games....whatever as long as it gets your mind off the exam. Just relax and rejuvenate. Believe me the biggest part about the MCAT is NOT BEING STRESSED. If you are stressed out you will do terrible, regardless of how you studied, so just relax and think of it as a game when you come back to it.... a clever, frustrating and long winded game, but still a challenge. Then come back a day or so later, and get back to studying. I'd also take the day off before the exam and do NOTHING related to the exam whatsoever. Just my $0.02. Good luck, by the sound of how much work you seem to be doing, you'll be fine, just have the confidence to realize that that work WILL pay off as long as you're not fretting too much.