Bored In Ca

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckystar

pooped
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me too, until I moved to the oh-so-happenin Iowa. Seriously!

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently my post didn't get through, so I'll do it again:
Anyway, I was saying that I"m bored in CA because I'm studying for the MCAT AGAIN!!! Well, after receiving a 23Q I had to buckle down. So, for entertainment sake, will someone take the time to give me advice. I would like to know which schools do not have in state preference and I would also like to know if anyone has gotten into a school with in state preference who wasn't from that state or near area. Anyway, I'm having a blast:rolleyes: studying for the MCAT again, but what can I do:
What do you guys think
23Q 3.70 GPA , some clinical, EMT, some research, pre-med advisor, Captain of UC Davis soccer team, honor society, etc.
yada yada... if you feel like it let me know... I'm really interested in Touro!
Talk to you all later.
christine

I don't think Touro, Western, LECOM, NOVA, PCOM, KCOM, NYCOM, UHSCOM, DMUCOM or AZCOM (where I will start in the fall) have in-state requirements. I'm from IL and I received interviews and acceptances to all these schools.

I am pretty sure CCOM gives preference to in-state people (it seemed almost everyone at my interview was from IL). However, I am not positive about this. Most of the 7 medical schools in Illinois give preference to IL residence (excluding Northwestern and Univ. of Chicago).

Schools I didn't apply to whom I believe to give preference to in-state or in-region applicants are: NECOM, VCOM, WVCOM, TCOM, Ohio, OSUCOM, Pikesville (sp?) and the Jersey school. However, I don't think that means they won't interview people from out of state. I have heard of people interviewing at all these schools as out of state applicants, except for TCOM.

Nonetheless, good luck with the studying. Are you applying this year still? Though your MCAT is a little low, you seem to be a pretty good applicant. I would go ahead and apply and see what happens. I know at some of the MD schools I interviewed at, the minimum MCAT for consideration of an interview was a 24, so you aren't that far off.

Okay, enough blabbering, GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you already apply to Touro last cycle? If not, make sure that you apply for this year immediately (if you already have not done so). I know someone that got into Touro last year with a 23 on the MCAT but they applied EARLY!!! They had their application in on time for the EDP and got accepted. Timing is EVERYTHING at TUCOM because they are on rolling admissions. I know people with 27+ on MCAT and 3.7 gpa that are on the waitlist because they waited until November to apply and didn't get interviewed until March. If you interview early, and well, then you have a good shot at TUCOM even with your current scores.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not applying until Next June (2004) and I'll make sure that puppy is in there June 1st or whenever they say you can turn it in! Anyway, hopefully this will all be over soon!!!! Oh the insanity of the MCAT

Christine
ps... i forgot your name as I'm typing, but for the person who got in to all of those schools, can I ask you what your abbreviated profile looked like? You sound like a great person to model after! :)