Boring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thebeyonder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Someone posted on SDN that endodonty is boring. I was wondering what types of surgeries does an endodontist perform? I know that a endodontist performs root canals through the dentition and sometimes surgical through the gingiva, what else does the endodontist do? Is it monotonus, and if so, how does an endodontist break the monotony without being bored? I have never worked in a job for over 2and1/2years at the most, maybe all jobs become monotonous after time? I don't plan on making my career my entire life, I hope to dabble in writing or politics later on in life, but just wanted insight from endodontists.
Thanks,
Tim.

Members don't see this ad.

First off, a little terminology correction for you, there is no such thing a endodonty, its just plain and simple the field of endodontics. Here is how many endodontists avoid the daily boredom and monotony of the field. First, many endodontists break the routine up by working in multiple offices(you know a change of daily scenery thing). Secondly with the volume of patients that many endodontists see they're just plain and simply too busy to realize the monotony of things. Also, endodontists do have a wonderfull ability in many circumstances to take somebody who is often in severe pain and cure them of this completely in less than 1 hour(hearing patients express their deepest and sincere words of thanks helps the monotony alot) Lastly as one of my good friends and golfing budies who is an endodontist puts it, the minute that you think things are getting monotonous and boring, a case comes along that will suprise you, and more importantly catch you with your pants down if your not looking for it. Oh yes, and the fact that many endodontists only work 3 days a week and make a very nice living allows one to pursue enough outside the office activities to prevent monotony. :D