Boston - Clin Psych (GRE) study group (applying this fall, 2010)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brain hugger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'll be applying to Clin & Counseling Psych programs this fall (2010). For those also applying, I thought it'd be great if we formed a study group (for Psych GREs, general GREs, researching schools, etc).

I live in the Boston/Cambridge area. If you're interested, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I'll be applying to Clin & Counseling Psych programs this fall (2010). For those also applying, I thought it'd be great if we formed a study group (for Psych GREs, general GREs, researching schools, etc).

I live in the Boston/Cambridge area. If you're interested, please let me know!

I'm in Back Bay and if I don't get in anywhere this year (2 interviews so far) you'll definitely be able to count me into this!

Members don't see this ad :)
I live by BU and would love to join!

Kittery, Maine. Easy commute. I'm interested.

What are your thoughts? Following a guide? Shared study stacks? Teachbacks?

Time? Weekly, monthly, online?

I'm hoping to relocate to Boston this summer and would love to join in!

I live too far south for that. But - wanted to comment b/c I like your name! "Brain hugger"

I'm so glad that about 4-5 of you have shown interest in meeting up!

My thoughts on meeting up is that we set up a weekly meeting to go over schools to apply to and perhaps study for the GREs (or Psych GREs) together.

In terms of teachbacks or study stacks, maybe when we get to know each other's strengths, we can have one person in the group be responsible for gathering up data or providing info on that certain topic. For instance, I studied Neuroscience so I can help answer questions about neuroanatomy, neurotransmitters, etc. and recommend books/articles to read.

What times would be good for you guys to meet? I was thinking, Tuesdays at 7pm somewhere in Central Square or Harvard Square?

OK, let me know! And, I'm glad you liked the name "brain hugger", Aura 5! :D