boston university acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brutus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Boston University will begin sending acceptances? I interviewed in early November.

Members don't see this ad.

according to doctora foxy in a previous post, bu sends out the bulk of their acceptances in february with a few before that.

yeah, i just interviewed. they send out selected acceptances (probably 1/4) in january, the rest in feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
so does that mean if you don't have an interview offer by now you're screwed? or do they give more acceptances after february?

i remember reading something that they stop interviewing in january, and if you didnt get an interview and want one you should contact them for a select interview after that.

good luck.

hmmm... that's weird. for what? to interview for a waitlist spot?!

I have come to believe that the more a school holds off on accepting a bulk of their class ( like feb, march, april) the better off us aug mcaters are. I take it as a sign that the school, although they may be "rolling admissions", is looking at their entire applicant pool and then picking their class based on the best possible information they could have. Nothing but good things there for an Aug MCAT'r

yeah, but what if their interview spots are all filled up already? i know the schools i received interviews from a couple of weeks ago were filled up into january and february already. ugh. :( losing hope.

I think I may call the Admissions Office and try to get an update on whether or not the first small batch of acceptances will go out before Christmas or not...
unless any of you very recent interviewees were updated?

bump...any post-interview news from BU?

i called Admissions on the Friday before Christmas. the woman who answered said that the committee had only met once at that point and that she doubted that they would have decisions ready until after the new year. :(

anyone hear otherwise?

Bump: any news yet?

nope. like i said, i called just before christmas and they weren't ready at that point. i don't really want to call again for an update as i don't want to be pushy, but maybe someone else will call. i don't even know if they are working this week.

i am hoping for good news so hard!!!! and sooon!!!!!