Boston University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed at BU? I've never been to Boston and I have no idea what to expect. Any ideas of where to stay?

Members don't see this ad.

lmm,

I'm interviewing there too. Never been there though...sorry, I can't help. I'm excited about the trip up there...I've heard so much about the city. When's your interview? I can't make the date they gave me, so I'll have to call and see how amenable they are to rescheduling. Anyways, good luck. Try interviewfeedback.com.

I'm interviewing Jan. 28th--just rescheduled from an earlier date (expensive time to travel).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I interviewed there in February and I have an interview for this years cycle (February 7). Boston is a cool city but around this time of year it get pretty cold so be prepared. In regards to hotel accomodations expect to pay close if not a little over $100/night. Boston is a little pricey. I stayed at the Radisson which was mediocre at best and still cost me $110/night. In addition, the Radisson shuttle will pick you up at the airport and take you to you interview for no charge.
If you have a day to spare I suggest taking the train into the city and walking around viewing the various sites. Good luck at your interview.

oops! Sorry for the grammatical errors. I am in the middle of an experiment.

Have you considered staying with a student at Boston? For my Tufts interview, I stayed with a student there and it was great.. He was really helpful in what to expect during the interview since he just went through the process last year.

Do they give that option--to stay with a student? I didn't get any information on it. Thanks for the tips!

If you are bored, go out at night on Newbury Street. It's pretty close to BU. I was in Boston earlier this month, but not interviewing. Anyone know how long the turn around time was from the time your file was complete to the time you got an interview??

thanks

I was at BU earlier this month for my MD/PhD interviews. I was given the option to stay with a student host, which I did and thought it was a great way to learn about the school. I am not sure if MD candidates have the option to do the same thing, but you should always call to ask. Good luck!

altaskier,

My file was complete sometime in September (could look it up but I'm too lazy). But, I retook the MCAT in August, so I guess my files really wasn't complete until around the beginning of November. Anyways, last year some of my friends who took the April MCAT got interviewed at BU in February. So, the turnaround time varies from 1 month to around 5 months.

thanks pendulum!