Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Boston University M.A. in Medical Sciences

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by together, Apr 21, 2001.

1. together

together Senior Member

Dear All:

I found out this afternoon that I was accepted to the Master of Arts graduate program in Medical Sciences at the Boston University School of Medicine. Since I will be graduating from college next month, I am giving serious consideration to pursuing this program while my applications to medical school are processed (I took the MCAT today).

Does anyone know about this program? How many students get accepted to medical school upon completion of the program? If anyone has any information, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Together

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecadet22

spacecadet22 Senior Member

I went to BU undergrad and had a lot of friends do this program. All I can say is that it is intense!!! Only do it if you can't get into med school this coming year. It is expensive and ultra-competitive because everyone in your class is trying to do the same thing you are--get A's and get in. On the other hand, graduates of this program are highly successful with regard to getting into school, but it is NOT for the mild at heart and seriously only consider it after a year of trying to get in unsuccessfully. Good luck.