Boston University MAMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Totally appreciate the frustration you guys have for the process, but just wanted to let you know there are a lot of people who got in without GRE/MCAT scores, including myself. Don't lose hope! They just told us yesterday that we'll definitely be on campus in the fall and I think they've been super overwhelmed with trying to plan everything. Applications are probably pretty backlogged right now. Really keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!
Thank you for all the information and support!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!

I just got my acceptance (like honestly 10 minutes ago lol), and this was my top choice program so I'm def doing it. And super excited too!! Is there a housing group or an admitted student group that I can join on FB?

Also for those who might be wondering, my stats are:
3.4 cgpa
3.0 sgpa
COVID messed up my MCAT date and I wasn't dropping money for the online GRE so no scores submitted

Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone!

I just got my acceptance (like honestly 10 minutes ago lol), and this was my top choice program so I'm def doing it. And super excited too!! Is there a housing group or an admitted student group that I can join on FB?

Also for those who might be wondering, my stats are:
3.4 cgpa
3.0 sgpa
COVID messed up my MCAT date and I wasn't dropping money for the online GRE so no scores submitted
Would you mind sharing when your application was submitted/turn over time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure! I applied on 3/3/20 and my final LOR was uploaded on 3/16/20 so that's when I was marked complete.

Wait wow this is what happens when I get little sleep....the the dates are typos! I applied in May!! All of the 3s should be 5s. So I applied 5/3/20 and my final LOR was uploaded on 5/16/20. So anyone who submitted a little later, there's still hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Wait wow this is what happens when I get little sleep....the the dates are typos! I applied in May!! All of the 3s should be 5s. So I applied 5/3/20 and my final LOR was uploaded on 5/16/20. So anyone who submitted a little later, there's still hope!

Thanks for sharing! Definitely gives hope :) I plan on submitting this week once my final LOR comes in. and congratulations again!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I asked them an update on my application and they were really nice, they said my application is under "active consideration", does anyone know what this means? does this mean I will hear back soon?

Has anyone applied even earlier (Dec/Jan) and still has been on hold as well? I submitted without a test score and it seems like many people who didn't are put on hold (and for those who did, the GPA seems to be a common reason why they are being accepted). This is getting frustrating since we've been waiting for almost half a year now! I hope we get a response sometime soon.

Has anyone applied even earlier (Dec/Jan) and still has been on hold as well? I submitted without a test score and it seems like many people who didn't are put on hold (and for those who did, the GPA seems to be a common reason why they are being accepted). This is getting frustrating since we've been waiting for almost half a year now! I hope we get a response sometime soon.
I was accepted without any test scores. uGPA 3.0, sGPA around 2.9. 16 post bacc credits at 3.67 (last 8 4.0).

I asked them an update on my application and they were really nice, they said my application is under "active consideration", does anyone know what this means? does this mean I will hear back soon?

Hey! I also asked for an update back in March and was told the same thing. Me and some others have concluded that this is their unofficial wait list. I think last year's cohort who were put on hold heard back sometime in June. I suspect they put us in some ranking order and then will fill the leftover spots from this list, but this is just my assumption. There were quite a few people on SDN last year who were put on hold and ended up being accepted so I will cross my fingers.

Hey! Yeah, I applied back in January and was told I was on hold in March. I'm assuming we will hear back in June. I think I mentioned this to someone else but a bunch of people who were on the waiting list last year ended up getting in, so fingers crossed. I've already paid my deposit at another school just in case. I will be sure to post right away if I hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone think “waitlist” people will start to hear back this week?
No way to know for sure. I just looked back at the 2019 BU MAMS thread and there were a few people on there who applied super early and they heard back around the second week of June. Literally one person I was talking to was venting about their frustrations on June 12th and on the 13th they were accepted. Side note: In last years thread, a student who monitors these threads from BU MAMS was telling people to email the MAMS program coordinator if they needed assistance. Her name is Ying-Ju Lai and her email is: [email protected] I'm on the fence about emailing because I don't want to be pushy, but on the other hand I want to show that I'm still very interested. Just wanted to put it out there to see if it helps anyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
When I asked about my application, someone from the admissions office said that they would "try to have a decision... in a few weeks"
My application was marked complete May 15 but i didn't submit all my LOR until the 30th. Just letting you guys know

I submitted and was complete on 5/15, accepted 5/21.

Did you guys automatically get a complete/verified email after submitting?
My application changed to complete after they received my LORs from interfolio. I got an email saying that even though they don't show up on the application, they confirmed they received them. Then when I logged into the application portal it said complete. I also received a complete email about 2 weeks later.

My application changed to complete after they received my LORs from interfolio. I got an email saying that even though they don't show up on the application, they confirmed they received them. Then when I logged into the application portal it said complete. I also received a complete email about 2 weeks later.

Oh I see. I submitted everything on the online application (letters included), so i guess i'll just wait and see haha. thanks!

Last edited:
I was just looking at my emails and realized it was a bit odd (?). I applied in late December, was put on hold on February and marked complete in May. However, I know by January all my application materials (including LORs) were already filed. Did this happen to anyone else? Applied, hold then marked complete?

I was just looking at my emails and realized it was a bit odd (?). I applied in late December, was put on hold on February and marked complete in May. However, I know by January all my application materials (including LORs) were already filed. Did this happen to anyone else? Applied, hold then marked complete?
Didn't happen to me but if they put you on "hold" I'm sure you're fine! I don't think they would review your app without all the materials there.

Does it matter to them if I have or don't have a test score if my gpa is around 3.31? Can someone chance me?

I’ve decided to send an additional letter of recommendation and letter of interest. I figure it won’t get me any further from being admitted... maybe it’ll be the push they need to finally send me an update

Does it matter to them if I have or don't have a test score if my gpa is around 3.31? Can someone chance me?

Hi - I had similar statistics and had also been waitlisted with a test score. I had a GRE though since my MCAT was cancelled - however it met the 70th percentile they mentioned. And had extra curriculars. So maybe with statistics around there they are looking for a MCAT to show understanding of material. I got this feedback from a different program. Not sure though, just me taking a guess. Also I should I add they also told me I was under active consideration when I asked back then. Not sure what that means maybe it’s their way of saying waitlist.

Hi - I had similar statistics and had also been waitlisted with a test score. I had a GRE though since my MCAT was cancelled - however it met the 70th percentile they mentioned. And had extra curriculars. So maybe with statistics around there they are looking for a MCAT to show understanding of material. I got this feedback from a different program. Not sure though, just me taking a guess. Also I should I add they also told me I was under active consideration when I asked back then. Not sure what that means maybe it’s their way of saying waitlist.

They told me that I was under active consideration as well. Are you still under active consideration now?

I am hoping to hear in the next two weeks because didn't their deadline pass two weeks ago?

I am hoping to hear in the next two weeks because didn't their deadline pass two weeks ago?
June 1st was their recommended application deadline. So they technically are still accepting students. I assume they are reviewing wait listed students now and will make a decision soon.

In case you missed this on FB...

"The University has announced its plan for students to return to campus this fall, with flexible learning, a testing lab for COVID-19, and health and safety measures to make campus as safe as possible."

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted this morning! Good luck to everyone else applying/waiting!

If it helps: Applied with everything complete 5/31, officially got a complete email 6/4, accepted 6/15

Hope a lot of other people can get good news this week as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted this morning as well!!!!
Applied 6/1, got complete email 6/3, received acceptance 6/15 :) :) :)

Oh and I got some money too so apparently they're still giving out scholarships!

Oh and I got some money too so apparently they're still giving out scholarships!
Congrats to you too!

Congrats!!!

How did you apply for scholarships?

Congrats!!!

How did you apply for scholarships?

Thank you!! I didn't apply for scholarships, it was just awarded based on some unknown application factor.
Good luck and can't wait to meet you all!

Thank you!! I didn't apply for scholarships, it was just awarded based on some unknown application factor.
Good luck and can't wait to meet you all!

Thanks, I just was curious haha. Same here!!!!!

I don't know for sure, but I thought it wasn't a specific date. Instead they gave you a few weeks to pay your deposit which would hold your seat. Maybe someone else can chime in on this... @golden2020 @day2day
So sorry for the late response!! I received my offer on April 27th. They stated in the decision letter that, “We encourage you to make your decision within two weeks of receiving our offer. Please note that you must submit your admission decision by May 17, 2020.“ From that, I believe they require a decision within 3 weeks of the offer.

Edit: I just read someone else’s post that they had a full month to make their decision while I had 3 weeks. It’s possible the time to submit the decision decreases the closer we come to the start of the semester.

I got my acceptance early this afternoon!! For those wondering I was complete 5/15, my cGPA is 3.17, and sGPA 3.28. Really good LORs (one from a BU alum) and really great extracurriculars. No test score. Feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my application 4/27 and never got a conformation email or anything... but it says completed on the application website. No test score but 3.45 cgpa. I emailed them today but I think i should've received an email, or something?

I submitted my application 4/27 and never got a conformation email or anything... but it says completed on the application website. No test score but 3.45 cgpa. I emailed them today but I think i should've received an email, or something?

The same happened to me. A week after my application went complete I emailed them just to be sure I wasn't missing anything and I got a complete email the following day. I think they are just behind with the complete emails.

The same happened to me. A week after my application went complete I emailed them just to be sure I wasn't missing anything and I got a complete email the following day. I think they are just behind with the complete emails.
Oh this is good to know! Thank you! It's just weird I was completed on 4/27 and havent heard a thing yet.

Have you sent a follow-up email asking them if they have an update, maybe they can let you know where you are in the process.:)

Yeah that is the email, that weird, maybe they are swamped with emails. What are y'all's stats if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah that is the email, that weird, maybe they are swamped with emails. What are y'all's stats if you don't mind me asking?
I have emailed and no response. :( and sure. I have a cGPA 3.3, sGPA around 2.9. No test scores. Good volunteer experience and plenty shadowing.