Boston University MS in Oral Health Sciences application put on hold?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtutdog23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from the admissions committee that told me my application was put on hold till May...which I'm assuming is like a waitlist? Is anyone in the same boat? Or has anyone gotten in while being placed on hold / did anything extra to get off this hold?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email from the admissions committee that told me my application was put on hold till May...which I'm assuming is like a waitlist? Is anyone in the same boat? Or has anyone gotten in while being placed on hold / did anything extra to get off this hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was put "on hold until may" as well and just received my acceptance this morning. There is hope!

They emailed you again saying you're accepted or sent it through mail?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I received 3 emails beyond the initial "on hold" notification. The first was a welcome letter from the director of the program. The next was from the BU admissions board explaining the process for me to commit to the program. The third was the portal to pay the deposit. I was also notified that I would receive a packet in the mail with further information.

I was put "on hold until may" as well and just received my acceptance this morning. There is hope!

when did you apply for the program ? I was told my application was under review few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back yet

when did you apply for the program ? I was told my application was under review few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back yet

I think I had my application complete by the end of January.

Hi!
I know it has been a long time since this thread. However, I applied to this program and recently got an email saying that my application was put on hold. I am really anxious and was wondering what are my chances. I applied with 20 AA and a 3.3 GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
I know it has been a long time since this thread. However, I applied to this program and recently got an email saying that my application was put on hold. I am really anxious and was wondering what are my chances. I applied with 20 AA and a 3.3 GPA.
I applied on January 22nd with 18 AA and 3.4 GPA. This past Tuesday I received an acceptance offer. Just wanted to let you know that at least one person with similar stats to you has gotten in this cycle. Good Luck!

ahhh that is good to hear, but I am just wondering how I can get their attention. What is something extra I can do to get into this program. They have put me on hold until May.

Hi!

Hi there! I'm a current OHS student. Do not fret - I received the same email this time last year and was eventually accepted into the program around April. I was recently accepted into BU Dental class of 2021 and will be an OHS admissions ambassador through next year. Stay positive! This is an excellent program with much to offer to someone with your credentials.

Hi there! I'm a current OHS student. Do not fret - I received the same email this time last year and was eventually accepted into the program around April. I was recently accepted into BU Dental class of 2021 and will be an OHS admissions ambassador through next year. Stay positive! This is an excellent program with much to offer to someone with your credentials.
Thank you so much! This actually gives me hope!

I was notified today that my application is on hold and they would like to see spring grades before making a final decision. GPA 2.91 / AA 20