• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

KristenD77

Predent
5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2012
I received a C in a 6 credit calculus course would I have to retake the course to get accepted into Boston University? Or any other dental school for that matter ? If I had to retake it I know I could do better because I received a B+ in the course with a horrible teacher but my final brought the average for the class down to a C=(. However since it is a 6 credit course I would have to work my schedule around this one class if I had to retake it so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
-thanks

Kahr

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
After reviewing the admissions pages for Boston U., Harvard, and Stony Brook (just the school's I knew off the top of my head that required Calculus), I see nothing that states a required grade in said course. So, tentatively, I would say you do not HAVE to retake it. I've "heard" talk of a C- or lower in a pre-req requiring a retake, but I don't see it at the "Calculus schools".

My suggestion is that you call Boston's admissions office and ask them if a C in a pre-req course is acceptable.

About the Ads

Seahawk

Nothing to do here
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Calculus is the craft of the devil.

Not answering the question I know. But I feel your pain.

Kahr

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Calculus is the craft of the devil.

Not answering the question I know. But I feel your pain.

I've posted this before, but I think the time is again right:

anti-calculus.jpg

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.