Boston University Oral Health Science Master of Arts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnwestres

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

After being a lurker a very long time its time I made a posting lol.
I applied to dental school but didnt get in... but Boston invited me into the program in the title posting... SOOOO...

I was hoping anyone could guide me towards the right direction in terms of housing? and any pertinent advice would be great =)

Anddd WHO ELSE IS COMING TO BOSTON WITH ME WITH ME?? :D:D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to the same program but haven't heard back yet....when did you hear back from them? Did they send you an e-mail or snail mail?

Cool, well I just got a big ol brown manilla envelope in the mail just today and it was sent out on June 8th sooo hopefully you'll get yours soon.

I applied to the same program but haven't heard back yet....when did you hear back from them? Did they send you an e-mail or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in toooo!!! got the same envelope, dated June 8th! Still looking for housing (everything is sooo expensive!) But that's ok, I'm just happy I got in!

Congrats to you as well! See you there :D:D:D

I got in toooo!!! got the same envelope, dated June 8th! Still looking for housing (everything is sooo expensive!) But that's ok, I'm just happy I got in!

Oh man congrats!!! Yeah I know... tuition is going to kill me... 44k =(
This girl I knew from Boston says Norwood is one of the cheaper places to live around there... if you find any cheap places let me know pleaseee because money is an issue!

Congrats to you too!! I cant wait to go live in boston.... I've never been there but I love get accustomed to new places, plus its too sunny in Florida lol

I'm going to be at BU dental school. Congrats!

Hey everyone! I too am in the BU oral health program. :) Heard back in April and am settled in lovely South End ready for orientation tomorrow!

Can't wait to get to know all of you.

Hey everyone,

After checking out the website for the BU masters program, it says that they accept about 15 people each year. To me this seems even more competitive then dental school. Is it because:

1. There aren't many people that apply?
2. They are looking for people that are highly motivated but do not have the best GPA/DAT scores to apply directly to dental school? In other words, they might not accept someone that is already very qualified to get into dental school?

Maybe I am missing something? If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Thanks.

Hey everyone!

After being a lurker a very long time its time I made a posting lol.
I applied to dental school but didnt get in... but Boston invited me into the program in the title posting... SOOOO...

I was hoping anyone could guide me towards the right direction in terms of housing? and any pertinent advice would be great =)

Anddd WHO ELSE IS COMING TO BOSTON WITH ME WITH ME?? :D:D:D:D:D

Hi Johnwestres :) good thing you finally posted something. I'm sorry that I won't be able to answer your OP, but I do have some questions for you. Do you mind sharing your stats? And you said you got INVITED?!!! WOW!! I've always been thinking "what if I don't get accepted to a dental school.. what should I do, apply for a MS?" Now, that you're INVITED... you didn't even have to APPLY or be at an INTERVIEW?? That's really awesome! Oh, and did you have an interview with BU dental? Did you show that you were interested in their MS? Thank you for your time :)

how do you like the program so far? I'm very interested in it.

congrats ! can u please tell me if they accept international students??n the fee structure too please

Hey guys! I got my acceptance a few weeks ago and just found this thread. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in the Fall.

How are you guys finding roommates and housing? I've been speaking to people in the BU MAMS pre-med track about rooming but I think it might be better if I live with people in the same program as me. Is anyone still looking for a roommate and wants to split a place in South End? If you are, please send me a PM.

Hey guys, so I was accepted into BU's program for this coming fall 2016 and I was wondering if I could get any advice about the program!? Maybe about the classes? What elective you liked or looking back would have liked to take, or what it took to maintain a 3.6 - 4.0 gpa (your study schedule)?