Boston University Post Bac??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kate414

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any information on boston university's pre-med post bac??? I just got my acceptance and have to make a decision for SPring 2009!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Kate! Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but I was wondering if you know if the BU Post-Bacc falls under financial aid. I know that the Harvard Extension one does because it is a diploma program and I spoke to them about it, but I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at BU about their program. is it a diploma program or are the classes ala carte? Usually ala carte means no aid...
Are the classes in the evenings? weekends?

Sorry for all the questions ;-) I'm planning on starting my Post-bacc in 2009 too, so if you are in Boston let;s keep in touch!

Anyone have any information on boston university's pre-med post bac??? I just got my acceptance and have to make a decision for SPring 2009!!

I don't know anything about the BU postbacc either, but you might try searching/posting a query in the Postbacc Forum, here.

I'm from NYC myself, but the Boston program I've heard the most about is Harvard Extension. People say it's terrific, and very inexpensive too. I did a 2-year postbacc at a well-known private university in NYC, and it cost me about $60K. In retrospect, I'm not sure it was worth the money, and if I could do it over again I'd have gone to the much cheaper program at Hunter College (public). The fact is, as long as you go to a school with a reasonable reputation (which would describe both BU and HE), you'll be fine. At the end of the day, it's your own efforts that get you into med school, not the program's.

Well, I am planning on paying for the classes as I go...so I am not sure about the financial aid part of it. With that said I think there are private student loans available even if you are not in a degree program. They do have a bit higher interest rate though, and most of them are credit based.

So, I spoke with a woman at Boston University today and she told me that her idea as to why nobody really talks about their program is because they only take about 10-15 post bac students per year. Which makes me nervous. I guess it could be a good thing if you get to know professors, advisors, peers, etc. However, I wonder how good the advising is for the diversity of the post-bac population, given the challenges and special types of circumstances we all have, you know??

Well, we will all have to wait and find out!!!:D