Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKitty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me when is the DEADLINE FOR THE SECONDARY for Boston University? It is nowhere on their website! They just list AMCAS deadlines. I decided to write the professionalism essay after all, and need to know if it is already too late or not :scared: . Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DrKitty said:
Can anybody tell me when is the DEADLINE FOR THE SECONDARY for Boston University? It is nowhere on their website! They just list AMCAS deadlines. I decided to write the professionalism essay after all, and need to know if it is already too late or not :scared: . Thanks.

Boston University will take your $100 and send you an email rejection. They don't give a damn about professionalism.

ahumdinger said:
Boston University will take your $100 and send you an email rejection. They don't give a damn about professionalism.

hahaha. way to answer the OPs question.
-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: What does BU look for? I really want to live in Boston :( Has anybody not written the damn essay and gotten an interview?

DrKitty said:
:eek: What does BU look for? I really want to live in Boston :( Has anybody not written the damn essay and gotten an interview?

i hear several people who haven't written have gotten an interview.
-mota

at my interview there were a lot of people that did not write the essay. that being said, more people did write the essay than did not, i think it can only help you really, it's an extra thing for them to look at to get to know you. also, i liked bu a lot and found the staff and students all extremely friendly. even second years that had just had a massive exam were smiling and joking.

According to the secondary application invite email... "We must receive all required materials no later than January 2, 2006 and you are responsible for ensuring that all documents are submitted in a timely manner. Your application cannot be reviewed and screened for interview until it is complete." So I would guess ASAP = better, of course, but 1/2/06 looks like the final final deadline, as far as I can tell.

Incidentally, I wrote the optional essay, and I got an interview invite.

Cheers!

I wrote the essay and interviewed there last month. (my interviewer told me that i got the interview because of the essay...... j/k)

I think its a good idea to do the "optional" essay. In this process of "thank you cards" and "letters of intent" an optional essay is just another means to express your desire to attend this school and more importantly become a doctor.

Good Luck!

ahumdinger said:

hahahaha best reply EVER!

i didnt write an essay. funk dat.