boston university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J4mY21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get a general opinion/feedback on BU... I just got their secondary, but I am thinking I might not actually go through with applying. I've read some of the things on the board and I'm just not sure that its the school for me. Plus, I don't think my numbers could even compete with the # of applicants they get.
So... BU... yay or nay? and why?:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

it is a good school, and they have some crazy app numbers

its up to you, if you dont care about the cash, do it.

Hey! I applied with mediocre numbers... and I got an interview and am on the waitlist. So theres always a chance.. its just like 90 bucks why not try!

I had 28Q - with a 7 on verbal. 3.7 GPA. So theres always a chance! Not that I got accepted, but interview is still an accomplishment :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
if you can spare the money, i would go ahead and send in your secondary. you probably won't know if it is really the school for you until you visit and talk with actual students/faculty/staff/etc. you never know what will happen....my personal rankings of schools changed drastically after i interviewed and some of the schools i didn't think i'd like all that much i actually fell in love with. my best advice is to keep your options open this early in the game.

So what have you heard about Boston U that made you hesitant to apply?

ajohns86 I would be a little weary of people that post negative comments about BU. I have found from looking at the posts over the last year, that many of the people posting are disgruntled GMS students (from BU’s SMP program) who didn’t get into the med program. The BU med students I’ve talked to, seem to really enjoy the program.

I have heard that its not a very good investment of your money because way too many people apply there. There are schools that have roughly the same ranking where your chances are much better.

Thanks for the responses! I will leave it aside for a bit and think about it... I'm sure I'll end up doing it anyway, I've always loved Boston and I really wanted to go to BU as an undergrad.

BTW, what does "SMP" stand for?

Thanks for the responses! I will leave it aside for a bit and think about it... I'm sure I'll end up doing it anyway, I've always loved Boston and I really wanted to go to BU as an undergrad.

BTW, what does "SMP" stand for?

special masters program

Just curious, when did you submit your primary app? I ask because I heard that BU is sending out secondaries in batches, and I still haven't received it.

they're sending them out in batches of 100... in "no particular order" (this is what they told me over the phone)