Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prospectiveApp

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if decisions made on rolling basis at Boston University Med or are the decisions made after ALL interviews are completed for the academic year?

If it is on a rolling basis, does anyone know how often the committee meets and when?

Thank you.

prospectiveApp

Members don't see this ad.

They told us when we interviewed that they would meet for the first time in December and possibly get some responses out before the holidays.

However, they were unsure if they would actually get to mail them, but by January some people should hear. They only plan to accept about 20-25 people and most will get a "Deferred until later" sort of response. Some will be rejected as well. It's not really rolling admissions, they are only accepting a very few so there will be plenty of spots still open for later interviews.

Jade~

was anyone interviewing at boston university today, i saw two interviewees in the elevator today...if so, how did it go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew about interview invites to BU. Are they behind most schools?
have most people who are going to interview there heard from them?
Are the interview dates filled up far into the new year?

My application was complete in mid Sep, and I have not heard anything. I called and they said that the application was under review and interviews go on till March. But I wondered if anyone had more information on the process at BU.

Thanks much,
And good luck to all who have and hope to interview at BU.

-bondgirl

yeah, i got the same response when i called bu. any insight on the admissions process would be helpful.

My application was complete in August and I did not get an interview invite until October.

I thought they said they would accept 20-25 PERCENT, not 20-25 PEOPLE in this first round.

I also didn't realize that they might get acceptances out before the holidays. When were they saying that? What was the interview date?

At my interview the other day, the Dean said that BU gives out approximately 175-215 acceptances. Approximately 30% of those will be given out at the end of December when all the applicants that have interviewed from the beginning of the cycle thru December get reviewed. The rest at that point either get one of 2 letters. One is a typical rejection and the other is an "acceptable" letter where they're not sure yet on you. Then the second round of interviews are given and then decsions are made on the "acceptable" applicants to fill the class.

I wonder when they actually stop interviewing in December and meet to decide on those first acceptances?

I'm just hoping like hell to be in the first round and wonder if I should try to forget about it until after Christmas or not?!!!?

I would love for Santa to bring me that letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had no acceptances yet.

just looked at the BU academic calendar and it looks like they have finals up through the 20th, so maybe there is a chance that the committee members will be around that long too and be able to make some decisions prior to Xmas.

Hoping!!!

i just heard of someone who is going to interview at bu on monday. does anyone know when the last date that bu interviews in december is? i'm wondering when the admissions committee actually meets and when i can start to be seriously psycho about my mailbox.

Originally posted by brutus
i just heard of someone who is going to interview at bu on monday. does anyone know when the last date that bu interviews in december is? i'm wondering when the admissions committee actually meets and when i can start to be seriously psycho about my mailbox.

hey brutus, when i was at BU, the dean said that the last interview for december is on the 16th (if i remember correctly), and the committee will first meet on that day.

thanks for the info!

so i guess there may really be a chance to hear something before christmas...not that i expect to be so fortunate...but one can dream!!!!

It's non rolling. If you interview, you'll get a letter about 2 weeks later discussing what will happen from that point on about decisions, etc. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for a response! It was the first school I interviewed at and I LOVED the area. If it wasn't for those darn high costs.

Members don't see this ad :)
called bu recently and they said the interview season ends the end of january. that did not make sense to me at all, but that's what the lady told me. ???

Originally posted by PrincessCKNY
I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for a response! It was the first school I interviewed at and I LOVED the area. If it wasn't for those darn high costs.

I feel the exact same way, If I could go to school in Boston I would find the money somehow...

Originally posted by snoopy17
called bu recently and they said the interview season ends the end of january. that did not make sense to me at all, but that's what the lady told me. ???

from the letter they just sent me, they send a small batch of acceptances in late december from the first cycle or defer people. their interview season is over at the end of january and by mid-feb they accept most of their class/waitlist/reject.

Originally posted by snoopy17

HOLY SMOKES? Are you sure? They recieve lots of applicants, how could they do interviews and screens so quickly.

That is just plain nuts.

didn't the msar say they don't notify until 2/15?

when i visited bu (11/02) they told me to expect a response either late dec or early jan. i don't know how they can possibly screen so many people in so little time but they do interview over 25 people per day.... who knows???!

if they stop interviewing so early, why do they say that the deadline for supporting material (money and LORs) are Feb 15th?

Does anyone know if BU has been sending out rejections all along? I notice someone on the board got one yesterday and I'm just wondering if they just started making rejection decisions or have been rejecting for a while.

I interviewed there and I'm hoping like crazy to hear some good news!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know if i'm the person you were referring to who got the rejection. if so, i didn't even get an interview so no worries :)

I got a rejection letter yesterday, too. The envelope was not even sealed. But as my brother says. . . FU, clap clap, BU, clap clap, FU, clap clap, BU, clap clap.