Botany as part of Bio requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, just one dumb question for you.

My school is weird that they don't offer General Bio I/II, but instead they offer Bio Principle (Mole Bio) + Zoology + Botany to fulfill the entire bio req.

Unfortunetely, they don't offer zoology upcoming semester, so I have no choice but to take Botany and was wondering if this fulfills the part of the bio requirement.

I know UCLA/USC specifically requires General Bio I/II with lab and UCSF doesn't take Botany as part of the requirement.

Since most dental schools just require "1 year of any biological science with lab", would it be alright to take Botany?

What do you think I should do? I plan to apply the next cycle, and can't wait till next fall to take zoology...

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Sorry, just one dumb question for you.

My school is weird that they don't offer General Bio I/II, but instead they offer Bio Principle (Mole Bio) + Zoology + Botany to fulfill the entire bio req.

Unfortunetely, they don't offer zoology upcoming semester, so I have no choice but to take Botany and was wondering if this fulfills the part of the bio requirement.

I know UCLA/USC specifically requires General Bio I/II with lab and UCSF doesn't take Botany as part of the requirement.

Since most dental schools just require "1 year of any biological science with lab", would it be alright to take Botany?

What do you think I should do? I plan to apply the next cycle, and can't wait till next fall to take zoology...

Thanks,

I don't think so, but even if you have to wait to take zoology, then you can put it down as your "planned/in progress classes" on your application.

No one on this forum can give you a definitive answer for this question; I always say you should call aadsas :thumbup: