Botox for knee OA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piebaldi

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hey pain folks,
I was recently reading one of the Medscape I believe articles about various treatment options for knee OA. Some of the obvious contenders were steroids, PRP, viscous sypplementation, etc. But the surprising one for me was Botox - how does botox help knee OA? someone enlighten me. Does anyone use Botox in their practice? Does insurance cover Botox for knee OA? Never heard of anyone using it for knee OA.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey pain folks,
I was recently reading one of the Medscape I believe articles about various treatment options for knee OA. Some of the obvious contenders were steroids, PRP, viscous sypplementation, etc. But the surprising one for me was Botox - how does botox help knee OA? someone enlighten me. Does anyone use Botox in their practice? Does insurance cover Botox for knee OA? Never heard of anyone using it for knee OA.

I tried a few "back in the day." Just charge the patient cash. The results were Meh. PRP is way more effective and supported by multiple RCT's and meta-analyses.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried a few "back in the day." Just charge the patient cash. The results were Meh. PRP is way more effective and supported by multiple RCT's and meta-analyses.

Yep that's what I would think. I was jjust surprised and was like I have never heard of anyone ever using it - either in academia or PP.