Bottom line...can i pass with just first aid???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

north2southOMFS

Yummy.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal-e-o. I got 3 weeks until the quiz. I want to know if you can pass only knowing first aid for step 2 ck and doing some usmleworld questions. I dont need anything remotely near a good grade on it. Only to pass. I'm already in my residency, i just need the the big "P". Oh, and i'm not a complete idiot either (some may disagree), i did do fine in my rotations. What are y'alls thoughts on the feasability of this well thought out plan.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, here is the deal-e-o. I got 3 weeks until the quiz. I want to know if you can pass only knowing first aid for step 2 ck and doing some usmleworld questions. I dont need anything remotely near a good grade on it. Only to pass. I'm already in my residency, i just need the the big "P". Oh, and i'm not a complete idiot either (some may disagree), i did do fine in my rotations. What are y'alls thoughts on the feasability of this well thought out plan.

I passed and did quite well with only First-Aid and Q-Bank + 2 weeks of study (USMLEWorld did not exist back then). I did take Step II CK early in my fouth year of medical school with Internal Medicine being my last rotation third year and having done well in that rotation and on the IM shelf.

Most of my Step II was IM. Maybe I was lucky or maybe I was good at guessing, I can't say for sure, which helped me the most but I passed and did very well. I was also answering most of the Q-Bank questions correctly too. How is your USMLEWorld average? If you are consistantly getting most of those questions right, you are probably going to be fine.

As long as you study hard for these three weeks and know First Aid well (including many, but not necessarily all, of the details), you should certainly be able to pass and maybe able to score well beyond 182 (minimum passing score).

I only used First Aid and USMLEworld. In fact I only really read through FA once without focusing on it the way I did for Step I - so I would say that most of my studying was through USMLEworld questions. I had no trouble passing.