bought a DAT DEstroyer 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychoboylol123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i bought a dat destroyer ( October 2007)
i paid almost $100 but got a COPY one not the original.damn it.
the guy sold this book to me CHEATed. he violated the copyright of Orgoman.
i just have a question?
whoever has this version can tell me how many pages there are in the book?
and is it the right copy ?
QR Q137, What is the area of the figure bounded by the line x=4, x-aix and line y= x
a) 6
b) 8
c) 16
d) 24
e) 64
thank you guys. What another lesson for myself.Didn't really lose money.But get a fake book instead.That's why I don't really trust do business over Internet. :(

Members don't see this ad.

i just have a question?
QR Q137, What is the area of the figure bounded by the line x=4, x-aix and line y= x
a) 6
b) 8
c) 16
d) 24
e) 64
thank you guys. What another lesson for myself.Didn't really lose money.But get a fake book instead.That's why I don't really trust do business over Internet. :(

Hmm.. I wonder from whom you bought the book and how you know it's not original? $100 sounds pretty darn cheap because the original is sold at $149.95 only from http://www.orgoman.com/datdestroyer.html but again this original book is not a hardcover or any fancy book either. It's just a spring bound book as you may get from any copy shop.

If you bought it USED, then it makes some sense. Or else, it may not be a legit book, i.e., someone just made a copy and sold it to you. In that case you could be in a trouble as a buyer too assuming you knew that before you bought the book. Anyway, yeah, you learned a lesson this time. Sorry that I cannot help you verifying whether the book is real or not because I gave my dat destroyer to my friend. Maybe someone on SDN can help you.

The original Destroyer is made of copied pages. Maybe you were unaware of this and expected a bound book?

Members don't see this ad :)
when i buy this book, i thought buyer will sell me the original since he doesn't need it anymore.
however when it's shipped to my house, open it . totally disappointed it's a spring bound book (black). At the bottom right corner Dr Jim Romano Oct 2007.
Front pages are oki. Some back pages kind of unclear. I have to guess what they are. POOR me.
Everything has its own price. Got to accept it anyway. Lolz. THanks for sharing w me.
Now, i have something to study for DAT.:love: :luck: :hardy:

hey man. i don't think you should worry, your copy looks just like mine. black spirals and the qr question was right on. i have a total of 437 pages. 313 bio 186 ochem 184 g chem 143 qr.... good luck studying!

i just have a question?
a) 6
b) 8
c) 16
d) 24
e) 64
there are so many things wrong with what the guy that sold you the book did. if it's a copy, it's copyright infringement and piracy, if he took money it's tax evasion and fraud. i'd send him a nice letter with a lawyers stationary and signiture stating that you are willing to press charges, or are going to report him to Dr. Romano so he can press charges (i guess you need to know a guy, or pay the $20 to have them write one) and demand a refund. i did that to someone and got every bit of my money back. but now if you KNEW it was a copy before buying, then you are at fault as well as commiting a crime of piracy along with him. good luck with that.

the answer to the QR problem is A=8. A-triangle=(1/2)Bh B=4; h=4 (b/c y=x has a slope of 1, and will intersect line x=4 at {4, 4} and the x-axis as {0,0}) - check the pic for pretty little pic (tried to draw to scale but you get the point):cool:

The original Destroyer is made of copied pages. Maybe you were unaware of this and expected a bound book?
yea, but the difference is that Dr. Romano OWNS the copyright and can copy it and distribute it as much as he'd like. he has a business liscence.

Attachments

• area pic.JPG
    area pic.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 81
I was shocked when I received my copy of DAT Destroyer, ordered from Dr. Romano. First the book was ordered from orgoman.com and then it was shipped from a 3rd party printing/shipping company. I open the package and its a black spiral bound collection of papers, covered with a thin clear plastic cover. At first I was wishing I hadnt ordered it and I had spent my $150 on some other usable resource.

After opening the book and doing some of the problems and going through the explanations, I realized that the information inside the cheep exterior was worth the price. Im not a 100% believer in Destroyer yet and ill definitely be back to post after I take the DAT, but dont judge a book by its cover.

Was the person from SDN? If so, you should ask the moderators for the person's IP address and locate where he lives and call the local police department. Don't get screwed over.

Furthermore, although buying things online is sketchy to begin with (unless its amazon.com or something genuine like that), I like to ask the person for CLEAR evidence.

I ask them to take a piece of writing (something that I said) and to place it next to the object they are selling, and then scan that to me.

I also ask them to show me a picture of them next to the books/objects, and their drivers license.

If they don't agree to it, then I move on. If the person is really genuine and dedicated to being to honestly selling their books, they'll do whatever it takes to sell them honestly.

It also helps if they use a service like amazon.com's marketplace instead too.

Although I agree with you on being cautious when buying stuff from people who advertise online. I must also say that this illegal copyright stuff also occur on Ebay and on Amazon, where people will burn CDs and place them on MP3 disc (I have witnessed this and have reported them). This occur most often with the MCAT materials such as Audio Osmosis and audiolearn. It is the most despicable thing...to copy cds, burn them, and resell them. Not only is it unfair to people who pay full price for them, but not fair for those who manufactured them. :mad:

haha, that's funny stuff. i might give a crack at the dat again.... this time w/ destroyer.

how did you do the first time?
Never mind, I see your "Dat Done 2-22-08" post

Seems to me like you got the original...

Suprisingly low quality for a $150 book.

hey guys, when i see him or others selling the books. i just want to get it right away because i need to study. don't think that i would get any book like that. it's quality not worth my money seriously. i think that book cost him only $30 max to photocopy it. i think im oki now. just waste time to report and u get nothing.need to focus on something else rite? like studying.
oh i remember one guy on SDN when i ask for his Destroyer book OCT 07 $80, he wants to sell it to me for $50. is that funny?

I read your forum about this in the PreDental forum. The original Destroyer IS IN THE SPIRAL BOUND and looks as though it is copied with "orgoman's" label on the first page and some write up by them on the second. I don't think the seller as cheated you or violated the copyright laws.

I could see why you were confused. Spending that kind of money, you'd expect a little more.

dont worry what the book looks like just make sure that you know everything in there and you wiill do vrey well on dats. It seems like the destroyer nails verything there is to know for the orgo and gen chem and nio. The three big sciences are taken care of by destroyer completely know destroyer perfectly and you can get a 30 in each section or so i hear.