BPCM Retake - spread amongst BPCM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pgoyal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What up players,

Essentially, my question boils down to is it better to take postbac classes spread amongst the various BPCM subjects (i.e. take a chem class, a phys class, etc) or is it okay to just take a crap load of uppderdiv bio classes. Either way BPCM gpa goes up, but not sure if med schools go further and look at your chem classes, your phys classes, etc. Or better yet, if a low chem/phys gpa raises a flag.

Adcom might argue oh well he can memorize well (bio) but can he analyze **** well (chem/phys). Perhaps my mcat can make up for that second part?

What do you guys suggest i do? Taking classes in chem/phys would mean repeating which is probably not as impressive. Its easiest for me to take upper div bio classes and ace them - but not sure if that's impressive enough.

OchemA - C+
OchemB - B+
OchemC - A-

PhysA - A
PhysB - AP Credit
PhysC - C+

MathA - A
MathB - B-
MathC - B+
MathD - A

Bio - A bunch of classes with grades ranging from A - B, mostly A's.

All the Cs/B-s are from Freshman year btw...if that makes a difference. i was an idiot and took all these prereqs my frosh year not knowing better.

Current BPCM gpa - 3.3ish

Members don't see this ad.

Do some biochem, that could make up for your orgo grades. As an applicant I wouldn't know, but I feel like adcoms would place a large emphasis on required classes; so you could take biology classes until the cows come home, but at the end of the day your physics/orgo isn't shown to be improving at all, especially when you're down in the C range.