Bpharm from India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PFM1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any idea about how to get a license in the US with a 4 year B.pharm. degree from india? Are you still required to do school? If yes what are the schools that have advanced standing program? Please help me if you can.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you have to go to an accelerated program or start over if you do not have a 5-year or greater degree. The 5-year or greater degree allows you to take the FPGEE (which is the foreign equivalency exam).

You apply to Nova and Western. There are some other international programs out there as well. But those are the first two that come to mind.

If you do not get in to the accerlated program, then you have to start over unfortunately.

when i applied for FPGEE on 2004, the new requirement was any post 2003 graduate (January 1, 2003) should have a 5-yr pharmacy degree. if not, your out of luck, however, if you are pre-2003 graduate like me you still CAN take FPGEE even with 4-yr pharmacy. but your school should be accredited too.
visit www.nabp.net and click on FPGEE especially on their FAQ page to learn more.