BR Gen. Chem Chapter 4 Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I thought I was strong on acids/bases. I know I probably shouldn't have done this because I wasted good passages, but I went through the BR Ch.4 passages with a frenzy, didn't even read the passages and I count 74 right. That's either an 11 or 12. I still have some left. I found that a lot of these passages weren't necessary. I bet if I finished I could probably get a handful more so over an 80 (12-13). I just cranked the problems out one after another several per minute. Is this chapter easy or should I go for more acid-bases materials.

Members don't see this ad.

That's awesome actually. It's not an easy chapter, so being able to plough through like that says that you know the topic well and the tricks well. If you can do the same thing on chapter 5, where it gets a little more mathematical, then you can safely put a bumper sticker on your parent's car that reads "My child kicks butt at acid-base chemistry."

So I thought I was strong on acids/bases. I know I probably shouldn't have done this because I wasted good passages, but I went through the BR Ch.4 passages with a frenzy, didn't even read the passages and I count 74 right. That's either an 11 or 12. I still have some left. I found that a lot of these passages weren't necessary. I bet if I finished I could probably get a handful more so over an 80 (12-13). I just cranked the problems out one after another several per minute. Is this chapter easy or should I go for more acid-bases materials.

FWIW, I've been doing pretty well on PS (12-14) and BR chapter 4 was my worst chapter at ~65%. But, again, each person has their individual weaknesses.

No offense, but this is the second time you've made a thread here pointing out to everyone that you think a certain chapter is easy...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=992339

Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with either of these threads but if you're looking for how others did on the same section, there's a huge thread devoted to that:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=622658

I found ch 5 to be manageable (77% 1/3, 81% 2/3) but ch 6 definitely gets harder calculation wise (dropped to low 70/high 60). Spent a review day on titration + calculations so looking for that to jump up to the low 80s on my final third.