BR Physics Vs. Nova Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TriagePreMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would normally buy BR Physics, but I'm short on cash. Will saving 30 bucks by buying NOVA be a wise or unwise choice?

Members don't see this ad.

I would normally buy BR Physics, but I'm short on cash. Will saving 30 bucks by buying NOVA be a wise or unwise choice?

I feel your pain. I am in the same predicament. However, I decided to drop $78 and get BR physics I&II. Physics is my weakest section. I have been using the 1995 BR set that I got for free on craigslist.:)

I have heard good things about Nova physics, but I think the passages in BR supersedes all of the testing material I have seen thus far. If physics is your weakest subject, I think saving $30 is not worth the risk.

Last edited:
BerkRev, I didn't even know we had a section like that. Will look into it.

Thanks, David. If the BR has more/better passages, I'll do that for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)

I have not used NOVA, but I ordered BR physics to begin with. Wow it has been such a blessing! I went from a 6 on my TPR diag to a consistent 12-13 on the AAMC. NOVA might be good, but BR will help your score immensely. I am going to be done with my books next week, granted most of the passages are worked through. PM me if you are still interested in them.

I mean if this is what you are going to do for your career you shouldn't skimp on 30 bucks. I agree with all of the above about BR. I started with EK but broke down and got BR physics, Ochem, and Chem and they are incredible. I haven't started taking practice test yet but the books are very easy to understand and throw so many practice problems at you to nail the concepts in your brain, I would say go BR.

BerkRev, I didn't even know we had a section like that. Will look into it.

Thanks, David. If the BR has more/better passages, I'll do that for sure.

SDN classifieds are great. If you can find them cheap, that's the best plan. If you can't, then you'll be able to sell them here when you're done and recoup at least $30 after all of the hassle to sell them.