aprilfest

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2008
Status
Non-Student
What are the different branches of Ophthalmology? I am an online marketing consultant who's trying to understand this subject. We are planning to promote Ophthalmology for our online website.

I am a non medical student, who would be interested in understanding this subject to excel well with marketing this.

I need to know the following
  • What are the different branches of Ophthalmology
  • What are the different types of Surgical Procedures those come under Ophthalmology
  • What are the different types of Treatments those come under Ophthalmology
  • What are the current up to date procedures available in this branch.

Again, where can I start from? Inputs from experts in this field will be great.

Thanks in advance
Ganesh J. Acharya

DiveMD

Giggity giggity!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
FL
Status
Attending Physician
What are the different branches of Ophthalmology? I am an online marketing consultant who's trying to understand this subject. We are planning to promote Ophthalmology for our online website.

I am a non medical student, who would be interested in understanding this subject to excel well with marketing this.

I need to know the following
  • What are the different branches of Ophthalmology
  • What are the different types of Surgical Procedures those come under Ophthalmology
  • What are the different types of Treatments those come under Ophthalmology
  • What are the current up to date procedures available in this branch.

Again, where can I start from? Inputs from experts in this field will be great.

Thanks in advance
Ganesh J. Acharya
Really? Opthalmic Surgery? You might want to spell that correctly in your website if you want people to take you seriously.

OP
A

aprilfest

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2008
Status
Non-Student
So, before criticizing/concluding the wrong spelling make sure it's not a dictionary variation. Personally after looking at some books UK based (Oxford Press) I find this spelling "Opthalmology".

DiveMD

Giggity giggity!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
FL
Status
Attending Physician

MAYOphtho

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2008
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
By Robert Harrison
Published 1824

Can you quote something a little more recent?:laugh::laugh:
Good to see Dr. Harrison's legacy started so many years ago. When he and I hung out at the last Academy meeting...he looked nothing like the 210 year old man he is, but more of a spritely man HALF that age :)