Mar 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
WARNING: This is going to be a short (and hopefully concise) DAT breakdown. Comment/PM me if you have any questions and I’ll add it to the breakdown.

Scores:
PAT 24
QR 19
RC 26
BIO 20
GEN 30
ORGO 25
TS 24
AA 24

Bootcamp Test Scores :
Bio : 21/18/19/20/20
Gen: 18/21/20/26/25
Orgo: 20/17/18/30/23
PAT: 22 (only did 1)
QR: 20/22 (only did 2)
RC: 20/21 (only did 2)

Dat Qvault FREE BIO TEST Score: 21

Crack the DAT Scores:
PAT: 20/22/23/24/22 (only 5)
Reading: 20 (only 1)
Science: Sub-20 (not important)

If you’re already getting better Bootcamp practice scores than me...congratulations! You’re set!

MUST invest in:
Bootcamp
CrackDAT PAT
Chad’s General Chemistry
Chad’s Organic Chemistry
Cliff’s Bio (3rd edition)

Buy if you want:
DAT Destroyer (Bio,Gen,Orgo,QR)

DO NOT BUY:
CrackDAT Science

Time management:
Summer 2015 was spent chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, full-time job, DAT studying. I didn’t start studying the DAT until I was done chilling out, maxing, and relaxing all cool (so about beginning to mid-June). I also started work around this time so I literally only studied about 2.5-3hrs every weekday (M-F) and studied about 10hrs total every weekend. This carried on until mid-August when I stopped working fulltime, and started studying DAT fulltime. I had about 3 weeks of hardcore DAT studying where I would put in about 8hrs/day for the first 2 weeks, then about 10-12hrs/day for the last week.

Shoutout to Stephanie for providing the 30-day study schedule! Didn’t really follow it to a T, but used it for reference for how much of a slacker I was. (Link: http://www.mirrorandexplorer.com/2011/01/how-to-study-for-dat.html )

Bootcamp:
Shoutout to Ari. Literally do all Bootcamp questions. I have no other way to put it lol.
Don’t worry about your test scores, they will go up and up provided that you study your BUTT off and learn from mistakes. Keep in mind, QR is SUPPOSED to be harder than the real thing. It’s going to be highly likely that you’ll be super drained by the time you get to QR on test day so this is definitely good training for you.

Crack DAT PAT:
Shoutout to these guys. Do all these questions too, although the Keyhole questions were a little too easy, the rest is fine. The angles on my real test were very similar to CDP, so if you were getting 8-10/15 on angles like I was, you shouldn’t stress out. Just compensate for that lack of innate angle differentiation by practicing the F*CK out of the other sections.

Cliff Bio:
Read and make notes. It goes into too much detail in my opinion, but if it helps solidify the knowledge, by all means, read everything.

DAT Destroyer:
It is good and bad at the same time. Obviously, extra practice can’t hurt, and the questions themselves aren’t representative of the DAT. HOWEVER, it is a REALLY good resource to LEARN..if you have the time, do the questions. If you get caught cramming in the last week, drop this and move to DAT Bootcamp.

Chad’s Videos:
Self explanatory, watch the videos, great teacher, and print out the handouts for on-the-go studying.
Double thumbs up! (Y) (Y)

“It’s been a long road...but we’re here now.” – Floyd Mayweather.

Last edited:
OP
Mar 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
What method for RC did you use, and did you get alot of tone based Q's?
I didn't get a lot of tone based questions. But for the few questions I did get, they weren't too hard to understand. Fortunately, the tone questions were the last couple questions of the passage, so by then, I already had a pretty good grasp of what the passage was about. If you get tone questions at the beginning, I would advise you to skip/mark them and come back at the end (after the 3 passages). The reason why is because after doing "hybrid search and destroy" on every question, you'd actually be slowly understanding the passage and be able to answer the tone questions at the end.
Check out VicViper's RC Strategy! I did a hybrid of his strategy and search and destroy (80% search and destroy).

Reactions: BeaverLover

Ari Rezaei

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2012
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
Wow, you killed it!! Congratulations on your success, it's always very impressive when someone scores a perfect in general chemistry. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and good luck in the interviews :)

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
WARNING: This is going to be a short (and hopefully concise) DAT breakdown. Comment/PM me if you have any questions and I’ll add it to the breakdown.

Scores:
PAT 24
QR 19
RC 26
BIO 20
GEN 30
ORGO 25
TS 24
AA 24

Bootcamp Test Scores :
Bio : 21/18/19/20/20
Gen: 18/21/20/26/25
Orgo: 20/17/18/30/23
PAT: 22 (only did 1)
QR: 20/22 (only did 2)
RC: 20/21 (only did 2)

Dat Qvault FREE BIO TEST Score: 21

Crack the DAT Scores:
PAT: 20/22/23/24/22 (only 5)
Reading: 20 (only 1)
Science: Sub-20 (not important)

If you’re already getting better Bootcamp practice scores than me...congratulations! You’re set!

MUST invest in:
Bootcamp
CrackDAT PAT
Chad’s General Chemistry
Chad’s Organic Chemistry
Cliff’s Bio (3rd edition)

Buy if you want:
DAT Destroyer (Bio,Gen,Orgo,QR)

DO NOT BUY:
CrackDAT Science

Time management:
Summer 2015 was spent chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, full-time job, DAT studying. I didn’t start studying the DAT until I was done chilling out, maxing, and relaxing all cool (so about beginning to mid-June). I also started work around this time so I literally only studied about 2.5-3hrs every weekday (M-F) and studied about 10hrs total every weekend. This carried on until mid-August when I stopped working fulltime, and started studying DAT fulltime. I had about 3 weeks of hardcore DAT studying where I would put in about 8hrs/day for the first 2 weeks, then about 10-12hrs/day for the last week.

Shoutout to Stephanie for providing the 30-day study schedule! Didn’t really follow it to a T, but used it for reference for how much of a slacker I was. (Link: http://www.mirrorandexplorer.com/2011/01/how-to-study-for-dat.html )

Bootcamp:
Shoutout to Ari. Literally do all Bootcamp questions. I have no other way to put it lol.
Don’t worry about your test scores, they will go up and up provided that you study your BUTT off and learn from mistakes. Keep in mind, QR is SUPPOSED to be harder than the real thing. It’s going to be highly likely that you’ll be super drained by the time you get to QR on test day so this is definitely good training for you.

Crack DAT PAT:
Shoutout to these guys. Do all these questions too, although the Keyhole questions were a little too easy, the rest is fine. The angles on my real test were very similar to CDP, so if you were getting 8-10/15 on angles like I was, you shouldn’t stress out. Just compensate for that lack of innate angle differentiation by practicing the F*CK out of the other sections.

Cliff Bio:
Read and make notes. It goes into too much detail in my opinion, but if it helps solidify the knowledge, by all means, read everything.

DAT Destroyer:
It is good and bad at the same time. Obviously, extra practice can’t hurt, and the questions themselves aren’t representative of the DAT. HOWEVER, it is a REALLY good resource to LEARN..if you have the time, do the questions. If you get caught cramming in the last week, drop this and move to DAT Bootcamp.

Chad’s Videos:
Self explanatory, watch the videos, great teacher, and print out the handouts for on-the-go studying.
Double thumbs up! (Y) (Y)

“It’s been a long road...but we’re here now.” – Floyd Mayweather.
Congratulations!!! 1629fan
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very nice scores indeed! Perfect score in the Genchem..Love it and so will the dental schools:love:. The DAT Beast was no match for you ...You DESTROYED the DAT..

Thank you taking the time to share your DAT experience with the SDN community, it will help students that are still preparing for the DAT.

Love the quote...“It’s been a long road...but we’re here now.” – Floyd Mayweather.

It was a long road to the DAT, you stayed the course and it paid off HUGE..

Wishing you the best in your journey to becoming a dentist, interviews are in your future..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Reactions: FrenchyM.D/D.O