Breakdown 22 AA/ 22 TS/ 23 PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothguy1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just another typical breakdown here after reading these religiously for the past couple months. My scores were: 22 bio/ 21 gchem/ 26 orgo/ 21 RC/ 20 QR/ 23 PAT.

I'm currently a rising junior with a 3.9 GPA. I studied roughly 2.5 months 6-8hrs 6 days a week. At the beginning I stuck to the schedule provided by bootcamp for review then following the review period it really varied day to day depending on what I felt I was weak on.

Materials:
The basics; bootcamp, destroyer & math destroyer, cliffs bio, feralis, chads videos, and Mike's videos.

Actual exam:
Bio: like everyone says, some super easy questions, then some super random that I would've never expected. I was kinda expecting to do better, but I think nerves really got to me at the beginning of the test. Feralis was absolutely the most needed material for this section. Aside from feralis, I would recommend exposing yourself to as many questions as possible (all bootcamp questions, all destroyer questions, 07 and 09 exams). I have a pretty strong background being a bio major, and I felt this really helped. For the topics I was just learning, I feel repetition helped me the most so I made a tonnn of notecards on various topics. Also, I really regret not utilizing ankis cards.

Chem:
If you utilize destroyer, bootcamp, and chads videos correctly, you will be more than ready for this section. I only went through destroyer once and I regret it, especially for this section. I feel if I went through it more than once I would've scored a lot better because I feel it would've definitely helped with the timing for this section. The questions were really on par with bootcamp, but again the wording on some questions was really odd.

Orgo: I found this section suprisingly easy. I finished it in probably 15 min. For this section destroyer and bootcamp questions are crucial, but I also loved Mike's videos for orgo. I went through the main concepts about a week before my test and felt this helped tremendously.

RC: bootcamp literally saved me for this section. Reading a bunch of different breakdowns it seemed that a common theme was that people would get like 2 articles that were kinda shorter and lighter reading, then one that was a little heavier. NOPPEEE all three I got were 17-20 paragraphs with dense scientific material. Most of the questions were in order though and I only received one tone question so I can't really complain.

QR: Man was I stressed studying for this section. This was easily my worst subject given I had a pretty weak math background. If you have a weak math background, don't stress!! A good score is possible. You have to be strategic in this section. I really focused on getting through the doable questions first, then got through the more time consuming questions (~5 questions) once I finished. Also, no trig!! On the actual test I probably got 10-15 QC questions, no joke. I was super glad though because I found them a lot easier than the ones on bootcamp, actually pretty on par with the ones destroyer provided. Also, the explanations on bootcamp were crucial.

PAT: bootcamp is the bomb for this section. I would def recommend starting early and being consistent with practice. I thought everything on the actual was on par w bootcamp or easier, with the exception of keyholes and angle ranking. There were probably 3 keyholes where I literally guessed after looking at them for 20 seconds for the sake of time. There were also probably 3 angle questions where I marked and looked at twice because the angles were so similar.

It's was a rough couple of months but completely worth it, any suggestions on non NY states that are out of state friendly?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your scores, they are impressive. They should pair very well with your GPA. Best of luck with your application!

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your scores, they are impressive. They should pair very well with your GPA. Best of luck with your application!
They're nothing compared to yours lol but thanks man!

Reactions: 1 user