1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Breaking Match Agreement?

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by Victor3816, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor3816

I wanted to ask for some advice...I'm hoping that somebody on this forum has been in a similar situation...

My girlfriend and I ranked the same hospital first at the assurances of the anesthesia pd that we would match together (we did not couples match)...I matched in anesthesia there, and now she's starting a surgery residency in July that will be 200+ miles away (her third choice). I have ample elective time during my prelim year (at a different hospital), and am thinking of contacting the anesthesia pd at her program to see if I can do an elective there.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Could the anesthesia pd at my girlfriend's hospital offer me a PGY-2 position (create an "unfilled" position - I see they have different #'s of residents each year )? Would they violate NRMP rules by doing so?

Thank you for any response!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Closed - posted in multiple forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.