Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Breaking Match Agreement?

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by Victor3816, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor3816

I wanted to ask for some advice...I'm hoping that somebody on this forum has been in a similar situation...

My girlfriend and I ranked the same hospital first at the assurances of the anesthesia pd that we would match together (we did not couples match)...I matched in anesthesia there, and now she's starting a surgery residency in July that will be 200+ miles away (her third choice). I have ample elective time during my prelim year (at a different hospital), and am thinking of contacting the anesthesia pd at her program to see if I can do an elective there.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Could the anesthesia pd at my girlfriend's hospital offer me a PGY-2 position (create an "unfilled" position - I see they have different #'s of residents each year )? Would they violate NRMP rules by doing so?

Thank you for any response!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Closed - posted in multiple forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.