Breaks During the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpOrTsChIc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who already took the PCAT, I was wondering how long of a break (if any) you get between sections.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, is there a lot of time after you register but before you start the test where you just have to sit there and can't leave the room, or can you go to the bathroom? Because I always tend to overdo pretest hydration, and have taken tests where I had to pee like crazy the entire time because I couldn't leave. :eek: It really does a number on my concentration.

SpOrTsChIc said:
For people who already took the PCAT, I was wondering how long of a break (if any) you get between sections.

If I remember correctly you get 1 10-15 minute break. I think you get the break after about 2 sections of testing.

Monarch said:
Also, is there a lot of time after you register but before you start the test where you just have to sit there and can't leave the room, or can you go to the bathroom? Because I always tend to overdo pretest hydration, and have taken tests where I had to pee like crazy the entire time because I couldn't leave. :eek: It really does a number on my concentration.

LOL ...I know what you mean about that!
That's why I quit eating or drinking before the test. I just pig out on my favorite meal the night before and treat myself to a great lunch afterward. My stomach and standardized tests just don't agree!

Members don't see this ad :)
Monarch said:

Lol i dont think they would seriously hold you in the room if you were about to piss your pants, unless you were in the middle of a section or something, then they'd just have to let you piss your pants.

Brock1385 said:
Lol i dont think they would seriously hold you in the room if you were about to piss your pants, unless you were in the middle of a section or something, then they'd just have to let you piss your pants.

They don't. At my testing center, they allowed one person to go to the bathroom at a time, and they had to be accompanied by one of the proctors. It got kind of crazy at one point because like 4 people had to go at once. Apparently everyone was having trouble with their stomachs/bladders that day. :laugh: Don't eat before the exam!!! :p

When I took the MCAT, it was like we were criminals. First they fingerprinted us, and made us sign our names in blood or something, and we were literally not allowed to leave. Ever. For any reason! Or maybe that is just my memory playing tricks on me. But I would have gladly taken a potty chaperone. I was going nuts.
I really have to remember to watch my water intake that morning. I thought if I had milk, OJ, and water, I've got my bases covered. :oops: