Breast CA - ERBB2 amplification wihout overexpression. Treat with Trastuzumab???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorcito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having difficulty getting this question answered searching through pubmed. Anyone know of any good studies?
The vice-versa is also an interesting question.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure this forum is really intended for clinical questions. Suffice to say, basic answer is "yes". Regarding the reverse situation, Slamon would say the rare case of 3+ IHC with negative FISH is less likely to benefit.

Much Appreciated! Is there a good online forum for serious, literature-based, clinical discussion? In general or in onc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Much Appreciated! Is there a good online forum for serious, literature-based, clinical discussion? In general or in onc?

No. Sermo kind of is, but mostly it's a place to complain about not making enough money and to bitch about the gummint.

You're welcome to do that here if you like but you need to phrase your questions such that they don't appear to be either homework help or requesting medical advice (which is what your post looked like to me).

www.medtrust-online.com is the closest thing I know of. You post your cases and an advisory board answers them. You must be a practicing oncologist to register.