breathing....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've taken a few deep breaths, and i've decided to delete the life history i posted on sdn ;)

i am not going to apply to gw. if i don't get in anywhere, then i'll just have to deal with it and can apply to gw next year if need be.

thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out...

it's okay to have paniciky moments in this loooong process, lola! i think you made the right decision about gw. keep breathing and let the interviews come to you!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there, Lola! I saw your stats and they are not that bad. I recall last year that there were several people who received interviews late in the year with similar stats. So, maybe there is hope for us yet. A lot of those people got acceptances. :)

lola

how many interviews did youget so far. I feel really worried too and like you I applied to around 22 schools...i still need to turn in my UCLA application...fed ex overnight my loma linda yesterday. However, like you also, I applied to a lot of competitive schools...

I haven't received much notice except three rejections from my top tier schools and 3 interviews from schools at the very bottom of my list.

i have received zero interviews but was a first time august mcater.
i have rejections from wake forest, stanford, and vandy.

Originally posted by lola
i've taken a few deep breaths, and i've decided to delete the life history i posted on sdn ;)

i am not going to apply to gw. if i don't get in anywhere, then i'll just have to deal with it and can apply to gw next year if need be.

thanks for your help!

:confused: :confused: :confused:
What's all this about??? Did I miss something?? Hang in there kiddo! We all need each other right now. Let's not get solemn about anything yet. I spoke to a few people here and it seems most of my friends don't have interviews. And these are top-notch applicants. Don't let SDN make you go crazy....a lot of the kids here are real achievers. I have decided not to fill out any more secondaries either. No money.

i got a little bit spazzy and thought about applying to gw but have since calmed down. i don't know anyone else applying to med school. the only thing i have is this stupid website, so sometimes it gets very frustrating to see everyone with acceptances when i haven't gotten an interview. for a while i could be like "oh, well, they haven't gotten my mcat scores", but now i see that many people w/ august mcats are already interviewing.

anyway, i know that it's mainly top-notch applicants interviewing right now, but in another month or so that is not go to be the case. hopefully by that point i'll have some good news.

Unfortunately i know what you mean about not having any other premed friends except those on SDN. Hey, in some ways it can only be good.

Lola, you have a good application. George WA is a great school but we all have to be realistic sometimes (unfortunately!). GW was the first school that had my application complete (that was over a month ago) and i was told i might hear soon. I haven't. I am trying to remain optimistic but it's hard. But then I realize that no news is good news, girl. You could be sitting in a pile of 8 rejections. Have faith. Only keep in contact with those that will help you rise above the occasion. We all need to keep our sanity through this process otherwise we are going to blow the interviews. Pray to God. After I posted that thread in the lounge yesterday (remember that??) I prayed for a while....till I felt better.

Keep talking....we are all here to listen.

well i think my gw app has been complete since october and i haven't heard a peep from them either. bastards...

i think GW is an underrated school. that being said i sent my app there first out of 26 schools and not a peep from them. lame.