Brenau University-Gainsville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elana10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Who has applied to the BU-Gainsville Day MSOT program?
As anyone heard back about interviews?
I was also wondering what are my chances?

Stats
GPA 3.32
OT hours=250+

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and haven't heard back either. I believe they will be responding sometime in February.

Gainsville starts to review applicants on Jan 15

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not gotten responses to any of my emails. Probably call next week.

UPDATE: I received an email today from admissions stating a request for an interview on February 9th.

Hello. I received a interview date for that day.
I live in chicago so I still need to figure out flight information and which hotel is near the school. Any suggestions?

do you think it will hurt my chances if i request a phone interview?

I am also interviewing at Brenau!

I opted for a phone interview for U of Indianapolis (I'm from SC and couldn't fly up there in the middle of my exams) and I was still accepted there!

I also have an interview scheduled for Feb. 9th so I might see you there! Any good interview tips? It seems to me like there is a chance of at least one question with an ethical situation.

I applied for the January 2nd deadline
GPA: 3.45
OT Hours: 200+ over 4 different settings

Has anyone else heard back from Brenau? I'm going to need to start looking for a roommate(s) and a place to live. Does anyone know good places in the Gainesville area?

OTstudent12,
Congrats on going to brenau. I was accepted as well but I will not be going there. A student I met at the interview recommened two apartment complexes. Lake Linear Club apartments, which I looked at in person. They were really nice but fairly pricey. Here's the link:
http://www.lakelanierclub.com/
The other apartments were called The Preserve at Tumbling Creek, but I didn't get any info on them. Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Congrats to you as well! I am also still not 100% sure that this is where I am going to go, I am still waiting to hear back from schools that had later deadlines. But I am still going to reserve my spot, and if I go here I am planning on going in the summer as I have one pre-req left to take that I plan to take at Brenau. I just wanted to get an early start on looking at places and finding people interested in looking for roommates! Thanks so much for the helpful info!!!

Any of you that have already interviewed at Brenau, would you be willing to shed some light on the process? Did you do a writing sample? Was it a group interview? What kinds of questions did they ask? I would appreciate any advice! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, the prequisite for entry into the OT program at Brenau : Medical terminology is not offered at ANY college in georgia...or am i mistaken? Georgia residents- what college did you go to take this course?

Just to update all of those interested in Brenau University, I was just accepted into Brenau's MSOT program in Gainesville, GA. Good luck to the others that applied, I hope it's good news!

Dan

Congrats to those that have gotten accepted! I just received my acceptance letter and will be attending there in the fall! Has anyone else heard any good news regarding acceptances?

There are Med Terminology plently. I am currently taking one at Georgia State online and I know Darton College has one online also.

Latricia, where are you taking Psychology Research Methods? OR where did you take it? If already taken

I was just accepted also! but I, too need Psychology Research Methods- is it available online, anywhere?

Last edited:
yes i took methods and advanced methods at ga state also but this class is not available online at Georgia State

skchb, CONGRATS if its not too personal what are you stats and ot observation hours

Major: History
Overall GPA: 3.86
Pre-Req GPA: between 3.9 and 4 depending on the school
Revised GRE: 160 V, 151 Q, and writing 4.5

OT Observation hours: documented 40 hours at Rehab center, 912 hours camp counselor, and 1040 hours private aide

Last edited:
Congrats to all those that got accepted at Brenau! I am currently toying with the idea of buying a home in Gainesville (hopefully 3-5 bedroom) for myself and renting to any other OT students that are interested. My plan is to be moved in and settled by mid June because I am having to take Research Methods at Brenau this summer as it was not offered at the university I graduated from in Tennessee. If anyone is interested in this at all please private message me and we can exchange information. I look forward to meeting all of you, I know it will be a great 2 1/2 years together!

HI everyone! I also was accepted to Brenau for OT this fall and I am looking for a roommate as well. I went to visit Gainesville last weekend and I looked in Lake Lanier Club and completely fell in love with one of their two bedroom apartments. If anyone is interested please let me know. Also I was told by some of the ladies in the admissions office that Lake Lanier Club is definitely a great place to live because its in a safe area and most of the students live there so its easy to meet to study! Yet again if anyone is interested please message me!

Jenna

Hi! Has anyone that was interviewed June 14th been waitlisted for the the fall? If so, do you know what this means for May or January? The way I understood it our applications roll over but it has been a little confusing...

Ok since nobody at brenau is picking up the phone and they don't conduct transcript reviews prior to admission, Ill ask you guys! Does ANYBODY know if its ok to take a course even though its not listed as "transferable" on Brenau's Transfer equivalency table??? For Example: My school (Kennesaw State University) offers Psychology Research Methods but when I go to Brenau's Transfer equivalency table it's not on there as one of the course thats transferable to Brenau. Please help!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I know this thread is old but I have some questions about the OT program. How is the financial aid office in terms of generosity? I know private schools are expensive and I am hoping there is some sort of merit scholarship for graduate students, like they so often have for undergraduates. I am hoping to be accepted to the Gainesville program for Fall '13 and I'm also looking for roomates at the lake lanier club apartments. To the poster who had a question about the research methods class, I asked the same question and I was told Psyc 2300 from Ga State and Soci 2000 from Gainesville State will transfer.

What is the total cost of the program and is research methods a hard requirement or just suggested??

research methods is a hard requirement and the total cost is over $80K for all 7 semesters

Hey thanks so much, looks like I can't apply ha! thank you, the school I got into is the same cost...does that 80k include room and board?? My school w/ room and board will be about 135k in N.CA

No that does not include room and board. Sorry :(

For those of you who have been accepted -- how long did it take after your interview to hear back from Brenau? I interviewed in January and am anxiously awaiting a response!!

I've also applied to Brenau's OT program for Fall 2013, and I was wondering if anyone has been accepted yet? Playing the waiting game is very frustrating.

Hey everyone! I have an interview for the Gainesville weekday MSOT program this Friday and was wondering if anyone knew if it was a group or individual interview. Also, if anyone knows the number of students who get interviews. I'm trying to figure out my chances. Thanks, and best of luck to you all!

I am applying to Brenau this year and was very interested in getting a background of the applicants on this thread who were accepted as far as stats go (that did not already list them) such as previous work experience, observation hours, science GPAs, pre req GPAs, etc if any of you would be so kind to assist. Also, as someone else mentioned, could anyone give me any idea of how the interview process worked if you were selected for one? Thank you so much for any information you can give! This is my dream and I want to do everything I can to be accepted!