Brenau University Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilsillyme111

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Hello,

I just received an email today for an interview at Brenau University’s for the OT Weekend Program that starts in Jan 2013. And I’m wondering if anyone has interviewed with Brenau? If so, could you please share your experience? I’m extremely nervous about the interview and the written essay portion. This is my first interview so I do not know what to expect. Thus, any feedback will be very helpful and would be greatly appreciate. I listed some questions below, please feel free to provide any recommendation for preparation or related to your experience. I feel like this may be my only shoot so I really hope I get in……

Does anyone know what kind of questions they may ask?

Is it a group or individual interview?

How can I best prepare for the interview? I’m horrible at interview, can definitely use pointers….

Can you describe the interview process and experience?

How was the writing essay? Are there specific topics? How much time do they allot for completing the essay?

What is more important the essay or the interview? – I’m nervous as I’m only a average writer and my write worst upon press…. Any idea how I can prepare for this?

Has anyone already gotten into the program if so are you a great writer and interviewer?

Does anyone know how students have already been accepted? And after the interview when should I expect to hear back from them?

Sorry for all the questions guys….I appreciate your time and assistance

So any feedback would be awesome, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also interviewing at Brenau Oct. 12th. Is that when your interview date is?

I know one graduate and one current student from Brenau's OT programs. They both seemed to suggest their essays were about "what OT means to you". It could have changed since then, but I am going to go ahead and get my points together for that topic and brush up on current events, especially with the healthcare debates, just in case it goes that direction.

I was also told to go over general interview questions, especially the strengths and weaknesses answers and why Brenau is your choice.

I hope that helps some. That's as much as I know! =)

Thank you so much for the information! And yes my interview is next week on Oct 12th.

I will see you at the interview, again thank you sooo very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Next week, I have an interview for the MSOT Weekday program starting May 2013. Any other feedback after your interview? The information you provided is very useful, but I am still very nervous about the interview. How was the onsite writing assessment? Hope your interview went well!!

My interview is this Thursday can any of you guys give any insight now that you all have had your interview?

My interview is this Thursday can any of you guys give any insight now that you all have had your interview?

Good luck! One of my family members has applied, but has not heard back yet. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Good luck! One of my family members has applied, but has not heard back yet. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks! It went pretty great. I really loved the vibe I got from the program, I really kind of fell in strong-like (lol to early to say love) with the program. Just to let others know the writing sample is really short and covers your thoughts on a quote and the interview was a group on with a lot of scenarios type of thing. Overall really fun, with a little "oh my god, what should I say":)

Also the interview was for the Weekday Norcross Program, I know they haven't started interviewing for the Gainesville one yet (I also applied there). Good luck to your family member.

Thanks! It went pretty great. I really loved the vibe I got from the program, I really kind of fell in strong-like (lol to early to say love) with the program. Just to let others know the writing sample is really short and covers your thoughts on a quote and the interview was a group on with a lot of scenarios type of thing. Overall really fun, with a little "oh my god, what should I say":)
Did you say it was a group interview?

Hi Hello,

I just received an email today for an interview at Brenau University’s for the OT Weekend Program that starts in Jan 2013. And I’m wondering if anyone has interviewed with Brenau? If so, could you please share your experience? I’m extremely nervous about the interview and the written essay portion. This is my first interview so I do not know what to expect. Thus, any feedback will be very helpful and would be greatly appreciate. I listed some questions below, please feel free to provide any recommendation for preparation or related to your experience. I feel like this may be my only shoot so I really hope I get in……

Does anyone know what kind of questions they may ask?

Is it a group or individual interview?

How can I best prepare for the interview? I’m horrible at interview, can definitely use pointers….

Can you describe the interview process and experience?

How was the writing essay? Are there specific topics? How much time do they allot for completing the essay?

What is more important the essay or the interview? – I’m nervous as I’m only a average writer and my write worst upon press…. Any idea how I can prepare for this?

Has anyone already gotten into the program if so are you a great writer and interviewer?

Does anyone know how students have already been accepted? And after the interview when should I expect to hear back from them?

Sorry for all the questions guys….I appreciate your time and assistance

So any feedback would be awesome, thank you!
I know you said you had an interview, how did it go? Also, could you tell me the type of interview questions they asked and what was the essay on. I heard everyone is different but I am curious because I have an interview with another school and I'm wondering on the type of things they asks. Thank you

If there is anyone who can tell me about the interview process and essay that would be great? I have never had one before and I am really curious on what to expect.

You are divided into groups of 4-5 and given a schedule for the day. Example: 12 pm writing sample, 2 pm file review 3 pm interview with "John Doe," 4pm question and answers with current students. My group's interview was with two professors. It's an open forum really. It's not a tight intense kinda thing. The two of them take turns asking you and your group members questions. Its not nerve wrecking at all. I actually felt having other people in the room with me made it easier because we were feeding off of each other in our responses. Our writing sample was a quote concerning the nature of OT and we had to write a brief sample about our thoughts on the quote and what it meant to us. Don't be nervous. It was really laid back and reassuring.

Some of the questions asked were.. " why OT? why do you want to do this?"
"Tell me about a time you had to work with a team member who was difficult to work with and how did you handle it?"
"What do you feel the biggest challenge in OT school will be for you?"
"Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?"

....and my group didn't get this one, but a girl from another group said they asked her "what is the difference between OT and PT?"

Also they provide refreshments!:thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user