Bringing EK to Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobbyDylanFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all of those who are in the Boston area and would be interested in taking an EK prep course for the Arpil MCAT exam, please PM me with your interest. If enough people are interested in this, it would be possible to bring EK to Boston. From all of the research I have done, EK seems to be the best choice for a prep course. Let's make this thing happen!

Members don't see this ad.

you're like 3-4 years too late for me :(

Sorry, lmbedo, but if you do know anyone interested please tell them about it and have them PM me or post something to this thread.

People: Get the word out that EK could come to Boston pending we have enough people interested.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by BobbyDylanFan
To all of those who are in the Boston area and would be interested in taking an EK prep course for the Arpil MCAT exam, please PM me with your interest. If enough people are interested in this, it would be possible to bring EK to Boston. From all of the research I have done, EK seems to be the best choice for a prep course. Let's make this thing happen!

Why can't they come without you getting a bunch of PMs? That just seems weird. If they are as good as you are saying, which they may very well be, it would seem that they would fill a class without your solicitation. Why not contact other pre-med students at your campus, rather than SDN people? It just seems weird that they'd ask you to drum up business at SDN in order to start a course.

Originally posted by Mudd
Why can't they come without you getting a bunch of PMs? That just seems weird. If they are as good as you are saying, which they may very well be, it would seem that they would fill a class without your solicitation. Why not contact other pre-med students at your campus, rather than SDN people? It just seems weird that they'd ask you to drum up business at SDN in order to start a course.

To answer your questions: I am doing this only because I want to. No one has asked me to do this. I have spoken to the people at EK and they said that currently they are not sure if there buisness is ready to expand into Boston. The reasons for this IMO is that they are a small company and would face serious competition from TPR and Kaplan, and to plan for a course for April '03, they would probably need to do serious advertising very quickly. They just may be able to fill a class without solicitation but I'm not sure they are ready to take the risk. What I am trying to do is tell them, okay I have had this many people who have messaged me that they would be interested in a course in Boston. Currently I am trying to contact NU pre-meds to ask them of their interest but it is somewhat difficult since our group debanded at the end of last year. So I just thought that posting a message on SDN might be helpful since there are so many colleges in the Boston area and I thought this might be a good place to start. Furthermore, I can see how this may look like a solicitation but all I can say is that I'm doing it because I really think this group has it together for prepping students to take the MCAT. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Instead of wasting all this energy trying to drum up business for this overpriced company, why don't you use this time and actually study? Are you incapable of learning without someone spoonfeeding you the information?

Originally posted by bioguy123
Instead of wasting all this energy trying to drum up business for this overpriced company, why don't you use this time and actually study? Are you incapable of learning without someone spoonfeeding you the information?

:rolleyes: I already am studying and I don't just use their materials! I just think their prep course would be the best for me. Other people have mentioned the same. I don't know why you have to post rude comments. If the thread doesn't apply to you or you aren't interested there is no reason to make conclusions you can't support. Your reply was an attack on an innocent post, get a life!

Originally posted by bioguy123

Dude, lay off. DylanFan was just taking care of his own. Instead of wasting time attacking him, spend your SDN time making constructive comments. Ace the MCAT first, and THEN you might be able to critique someone's study habits (EK is hardly spoonfeeding, but you seem ignorant of that too).

I e-mailed Examkrackers to say i was interested but haven't heard back. keep me posted. If nothing pans out by early Jan, I'll take TPR.