British student considering sitting the NAVLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charlotte97

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a student from London, going into my final year at vet school this September. I am considering sitting the NAVLE, although at ~$1000 to sit it overseas, plus the cost of VetPrep or the equivalent, I am wondering if it is a good idea if I am not totally sure about where I want to practise as a vet yet.

If I did decide to sit it, I have a few questions:
- Once you pass the NAVLE, is it valid for life or do you have to go and practise in the states within a certain period of time before it lapses and you'd have to resit it?
- As an overseas student, how would you go about choosing a state? I have heard that certain states are easier to pass in, although I'm not sure if this rumour has any truth behind it.
- If you allow yourself at least a few months for revision, is it possible to pass just by going through all the questions on VetPrep or would you need to do a lot of revision outside of this? I am currently in the middle of rotations so finding time for lots of revision will be difficult (we get about 2 months off before our British final exams).

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user